November meeting

  • susventura
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      We are going to make the Secret Belgian Binding Book this month. Sharon will have a kit available.

      If you are going to bring your own supplies you will need your usual kit, a sewing cradle will help if you have one and bulldog clips (smaller ones) a clothes pin, or a non stick tape.

      2 book boards 4-3/8" x 5-3/4" for cover
      1 book board 1/2" X 5-3/4" for spine

      2 sheets of decorative paper 4"x 5-1/2" for inside covers
      2 sheets of decorative paper 5-1/2"x6-3/4" for cover
      16 sheets of text weight paper to make up signatures

      1 72" piece of waxed thread
      1 30" piece of waxed thread

      See you next week
      Susanne Ventura
    • BonnieD
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
        Do you know how much the kits will be?

        Bonnie D

        --- In SacramentoBookArts@yahoogroups.com, "susventura" <susventura@...> wrote:

        > We are going to make the Secret Belgian Binding Book this month. Sharon will have a kit available.
        >
        > If you are going to bring your own supplies you will need your usual kit, a sewing cradle will help if you have one and bulldog clips (smaller ones) a clothes pin, or a non stick tape.
        >
        > 2 book boards 4-3/8" x 5-3/4" for cover
        > 1 book board 1/2" X 5-3/4" for spine
        >
        > 2 sheets of decorative paper 4"x 5-1/2" for inside covers
        > 2 sheets of decorative paper 5-1/2"x6-3/4" for cover
        > 16 sheets of text weight paper to make up signatures
        >
        > 1 72" piece of waxed thread
        > 1 30" piece of waxed thread
        >
        > See you next week
        > Susanne Ventura

      • susanne ventura
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2010
          Yes, Sharon will have kits at $15.00 each.

          For those of you bringing your own material, please add one more cover piece of decorataive paper for the spine piece:  1" x 6-1/2".
          Susanne

          > We are going to make the Secret Belgian Binding Book this month. Sharon will have a kit available.
          >
          > If you are going to bring your own supplies you will need your usual kit, a sewing cradle will help if you have one and bulldog clips (smaller ones) a clothes pin, or a non stick tape.
          >
          > 2 book boards 4-3/8" x 5-3/4" for cover
          > 1 book board 1/2" X 5-3/4" for spine
          >
          > 2 sheets of decorative paper 4"x 5-1/2" for inside covers
          > 2 sheets of decorative paper 5-1/2"x6-3/4" for cover
          > 16 sheets of text weight paper to make up signatures
          >
          > 1 72" piece of waxed thread
          > 1 30" piece of waxed thread
          >
          > See you next week
          > Susanne Ventura

        • Bonnie Montgomery
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010

            Do we need to reserve a kit?  If so, please put my name on one.

            Thanks,

            Bonnie M.

            ***REMINDER:  “ ART TO WEAR & More”  is coming soon!

            The annual show and sale is coming to the Shepard Garden and Arts Center

             next weekend, Nov. 13 & 14, from 11 to 4 on both Saturday and Sunday.

            The Fashion Show starts at 10 am on Saturday.

            Hope to see you there!

          • BonnieD
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
              What size are the signature pages.

              --- In SacramentoBookArts@yahoogroups.com, "susventura" <susventura@...> wrote:

              > We are going to make the Secret Belgian Binding Book this month. Sharon will have a kit available.
              >
              > If you are going to bring your own supplies you will need your usual kit, a sewing cradle will help if you have one and bulldog clips (smaller ones) a clothes pin, or a non stick tape.
              >
              > 2 book boards 4-3/8" x 5-3/4" for cover
              > 1 book board 1/2" X 5-3/4" for spine
              >
              > 2 sheets of decorative paper 4"x 5-1/2" for inside covers
              > 2 sheets of decorative paper 5-1/2"x6-3/4" for cover
              > 16 sheets of text weight paper to make up signatures
              >
              > 1 72" piece of waxed thread
              > 1 30" piece of waxed thread
              >
              > See you next week
              > Susanne Ventura

            • susanne ventura
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
                Hi Bonnie,
                The signatures will be text weight, 8-1/2x11" paper,.  We need to cut or tear it in half.  Then we will fold that in half for the signature of 4-1/4x5-1/2".
                Sorry not to make that clear, this is my first time at giving instructions.
                Susanne