vera

  • stanovitz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
      hello, I am sorry to tell you that Vera passed away on June 28th.
      the family does not want a service, but we will plan something for
      our group in a month or two. Cindy says it will be in the paper
      on July 3rd. Please come to the meeting on the 12th, we can talk then.
      Sharon
    • rhoz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
        Oh I am so sorry to hear that. She was so amazing, energetic and talented. I have just gotten back into bookbinding after a few years of not doing it and I was so looking forward to learning from her again. She had such a special gift.... and will be missed a lot.

        --- In SacramentoBookArts@yahoogroups.com, "stanovitz" <stanovitz@...> wrote:

        > hello, I am sorry to tell you that Vera passed away on June 28th.
        > the family does not want a service, but we will plan something for
        > our group in a month or two. Cindy says it will be in the paper
        > on July 3rd. Please come to the meeting on the 12th, we can talk then.
        > Sharon

      • JoEllen Arnold

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
            Thanks Sharon for posting this.  I will always remember her and her knowledge of the book arts and her willingness to share to help and guide us.  I can't make it on the 12th but please post what is decided.

            Trina.

            To: SacramentoBookArts@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
                I was so sadden to hear about Vera -Thank you Sharon for letting us know.  She was such a character and I so enjoyed her enthusiasm and knowledge about book binding.  I learned so much from her...What a loss to our group - Vicki

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                  I am so sorry to hear about Vera - she is irreplaceable and has been our "mover and shaker" for so many years with her never ending humor and energy.  She had an amazing array of artistic talents and was so generous about sharing them.
                  Virginia
                • bobviv@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
                    What everyone has said are my sentiments.  What a lovely person,  Vera.  My only regret is I did not know her better.  My heart is heavy with sadness.  Vera you will be missed.
                    Vivian