RE: [SacramentoBookArts] December night meeting

  • Dianna Woods
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009

      Hi all,

      I’m soooo excited for this “group” get together, and  wanted to add a little bit more detail to the materials list……. But it is a truly “minimal” list to create such a fun end result…..

      I’ve been using 8.5  x 11 paper and cutting it into a square, (8.5 x 8.5)  and recently I have been using  12 x 12 scrapbook paper that is two sided (white) and this allows my papers to be white.  So save the fancy papers until later when you have the folds perfected…….  Any square will work.

      Right now the thinner the better, as it has numerous folds (In fact a lot of them) the larger the better (it’s easier for me to learn new folds)

      And don’t forgot your trusty bone folder  as I seemed to forget something every class……

      Here is a link for a video so that you can see the “end” result….

      http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-fold-david-brill-s-miniature-origami-book-238454/

      I’ll post some pictures when I return from work…….  This will be incredible and fun - I so look forward to seeing you all….

      Dianna…..

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
        I won't be able to be at the meeting on Monday. Thanks for the video website. Really enjoyed this.  Rose

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          Hey everyone!

          This will be my first meeting and I am very excited! I did a year of
          book making in college and have missed it greatly. Can't wait to meet
          everyone.
        • Hilary
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009

            Welcome Jennifer!!