RE: [SabreSailboat] Re: 402 table

  • Lorman, Alvin J.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
      Message
      I don't own a 402, but I did sail one on a lengthy passage.  I think the position of the mast would make it difficult to replace the table with a bulkhead-mounted table.

      Al Lorman

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "taxsail" <glenncpa@...> wrote:

        > I sold a 38 MKII last year and would like to buy a 402. I hate the
        > table being in the middle all the time and prefer the fold down my old
        > boat had. Has anyone installed a folddown table on a 402?
        >
        > Captain Kirk

        One of the reasons that they went to a fixed table has to do with the fact that the 402 is about two feet broader than the 38. With the added beam, the space available (with a fold up table) to be tossed around in a seaway is significantly increased. That permanent table provides a means to prevent that. If you check on other sea going boats of that size you'll see that the permanent table arrangement  is pretty common.