Sailnet

  • graham broadhurst
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
      Folks
      Perhaps somebody could clarify sailnet status.
      Just got e mail from Sailnet saying I have signed up to join because
      of a response I am alleged to have sent. I did respond once telling
      them to forget including me.
      The e mail arrived looking as if it was a thread from one of us and
      then showed my email address lower down.
      Worried that they can bill my visa for $16.99 per month or whatever
      Regards
      Graham S34 Fearless
    • Michael Sims
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
        Graham,
        I responded to a thread asking them to link our yahoo group. I received the same reply.
        However, I think what you are referring to is an separate ad for Yahoo DSL for $16.99.
        Let me know if I have that wrong.
        Mike

        graham broadhurst <doversabre@...> wrote:
        Folks
        Perhaps somebody could clarify sailnet status.
        Just got e mail from Sailnet saying I have signed up to join because
        of a response I am alleged to have sent.  I did respond once telling
        them to forget including me.
        The e mail arrived looking as if it was a thread from one of us and
        then showed my email address lower down.
        Worried that they can bill my visa for $16.99 per month or whatever
        Regards
        Graham S34 Fearless

        Boating sailingSailingSabre
        Boating

        Yahoo! Photos
      • David Lochner
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
          To the best of my knowledge and a quick look at the Sailnet site, there is no charge for using the Sailnet email list.

          Sailjazz, Sam and Cheryl Boyle's new site does charge a $12 annual subscription fee. If you haven't given them your credit card number, they can't charge you. Sailjazz has no current relationship to Sailnet.

          The Yahoo site is also free, you just need a yahoo address.

          Then there is Sailfree.org that was started when Sailjazz started charging. There hasn't been too much sabre traffic on Sailfree.

          Hope this helps.

          Dave

          Identity Crisis

          S30 #52

          Oswego, NY/Lake Ontario

          On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Michael Sims wrote:

          Graham,
          I responded to a thread asking them to link our yahoo group. I received the same reply.
          However, I think what you are referring to is an separate ad for Yahoo DSL for $16.99.
          Let me know if I have that wrong.
          Mike

          graham broadhurst <doversabre@...> wrote:
          Folks
          Perhaps somebody could clarify sailnet status.
          Just got e mail from Sailnet saying I have signed up to join because
          of a response I am alleged to have sent.  I did respond once telling
          them to forget including me.
          The e mail arrived looking as if it was a thread from one of us and
          then showed my email address lower down.
          Worried that they can bill my visa for $16.99 per month or whatever
          Regards
          Graham S34 Fearless

        • Phil Shepard
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006

            In October or November a seller of marine items bought the remaining assets of the “old Sailnet”. I can’t remember their name but I did buy an item from them in the past and was happy with the price and service. I guess they are going to try to revitalize the sailnet site.

                      Phil Shepard

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
                It was advert from Yahoo tacked onto the bottom which threw me - no problem.
                On holiday so not all grey matter in in gear.
                Lights on but nobody home
                Graham S34 Fearless