RE: [SabreSailboat] Re: Ernesto has rolled through...REPORT FROM HARTGE's

  • Finley, Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006

      Last evening, after reading all the suggestions and feeling guilty I drove up to my boat at Hartge’s on the West River , the water was 9 I inches from the top of the docks at 7pm.  The waves were breaking over the fuel dock and the wind seemed to be at least 30 with some stronger gusts.  I tied my furling foresail and helm and put down my bimini.

      Unfortunately not everyone has friends like you.  When I got there one boat on the first pier already had his roller furling sail ripped to shreds and while I was there another on the same dock roller furling sail popped out and quickly began separating from the forestay and ripping.

      Mike

      Thanks for the advice

      I am headed back up this morning – lots of leaves on my boat that I am sure are clogging the deck drains

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        At Holiday Point Marina on Selby Bay on South River on the Chesapeake,
        we had two roller furling headsails tear. They were tied in the usual
        manner, sheets two wraps around the sail. The sheets held, but the sail
        tore above the sheets and opened up. One of the two was put up for sale
        last moonth.

        Next time I'll take all sails down. I did that for Isabel, but talked
        myself out of it for this one.

        Grant

      • Lorman, Alvin J.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          Message
          Grant:

          My son went to Holiday Point Friday night to check my boat and found Ron, the owner, there keeping an eye on the boats.  How's that for service?

          Al Lorman

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          href="mailto:Sabresailboat%40yahoogroups.com">Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com

          > 6PM reading at Thomas Point Light - 41kts.

          Eric
          > Sabre 30 #36 "Spirit"
          > West River, MD
          >
          > ---
          In Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com

          <mailto:Sabresailbo at%40yahoogroups .com> , "Barry Dwyer" <bdwyer@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Note the gust at
          4:24 at the USNA:

          href="http://www.elfinanc">http://www.elfinanc

          <http://www.elfinanc iero.com. mx/ElFinanciero/ Portal/cfpages/ contentmgr. c

          fm?d

          <http://www.elfinanc iero.com. mx/ElFinanciero/ Portal/cfpages/ contentmgr. c

          fm?d>

          ocId=18391&docTipo= 1&orderby= docid&sortby= ASC>

          iero.com.mx/ ElFinanciero/ Portal/cfpages/ contentmgr. cfm?docId= 18391&docTi

          po=1
          > > &orderby=docid& sortby=ASC
          > >

          > > Ernesto was downgraded to a depression over
          North California.

          Dave

          > > On Sep 1, 2006, at 4:12 PM, don.kerrigan wrote:
          > >

          > > Well,
          Ernesto has pretty much rolled through the Hampton Roads, VA
          > > area.
          We were fine at the slip at Bay Point Marina in Norfolk
          > > although
          the wind and rain were a bit more than expected. The surge

          at high tide was about 4 feet about normal high levels. Took most
          > of
          > > the precautions that were highlighted and had no damage what
          so
          > ever.
          > > A little bit of water on the sole from the wind
          driving the rain
          > > through the sliding hatch and some drips coming
          down the mast but
          > > thats about it.
          > > Thanks to all for
          the great suggestions. They will all go on the
          > > pre-storm
          checklist.

          > > Don Kerrigan
          > > "Kanaloa's
          Call"
          > > Sabre 34T #385
          > > Bay Point Marina, Norfolk,
          VA

          For more information please visit http://www.messagel abs.com/email

          IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor

          This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
        • Grant Woodside
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            Al,

            Can't beat it.

            Grant

            --- "Lorman, Alvin J." <ajlorman@...> wrote:

            > Grant:
            >
            > My son went to Holiday Point Friday night to check my boat and found
            > Ron, the owner, there keeping an eye on the boats. How's that for
            > service?
            >
            > Al Lorman

            === message truncated ===