Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Need a Diver

  • Ira Baline
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 26, 2013
      Thanks, Sid. No, she's not hung up on ground tackle. Let's just say the prop picked up a loose line hanging off the boat. - about 20 feet worth.

      Still need a diver. I don't care to duck under the stern that's bobbing up and down 2 or 3 feet in the chop.

      On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Sid <xawdisney@...> wrote:

      If the boat is hung ou on a mooring pendant or other ground tackle, and you can get someone to pull your boat from the rear and take off the tension, the diver should be able to just unwind it rather than having to cut it. Much less destructive than cutting the line, and maybe quicker.

      Sid Wax
      Passing Fancy
      S-28 II #319

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Ira Baline <darwindad2@...> wrote:

      > I just got a bad prop wrap - don't ask!
      > I'm at Salem Willows YC in Salem on a mooring.
      > Anyone know a decent diver that coild cut the line loose? How much would this cost?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ira
      > Morning Star
      > S 28
      >

      > Sent from my iPhone
      > 617 775 0875

    • Ira Baline
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2013
        Our mooring chair recommended Doug Cassidy a diver with his own boat for the job. He did the job  for  $100 the day after I called. I mailed him a check. He works year 'round. 978-423-7302.

        Ira

        Morning Star