Re: Galley Faucet

  • JohnF
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21 11:16 AM
      We replaced our faucet last year. Use an inspection mirror and a light to understand what you are dealing with up under there. It wasn't fun, but it is possible. I think I ultimately used a long socket to reach the nut. Here is a picture with the sink removed:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/788248/100.JPG

      I believe I had to remove the faucet before I could remove the sink, so I'm not sure that would help you. The sink is held on by wing nuts attached to threaded posts welded to the sink. They are really hard to get to and will be rusty. PB Blaster and a long screwdriver to reach them would help you get them started.

      Here is a picture of the new faucet - a bar faucet sourced on ebay:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/788248/006.JPG