Re: icebox in the 362

  • Allison
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
      Howard this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much. When we bought the boat we put a 10" strut on and that was horrible. We didn't have the spacer block nor did we think of it . DOH!! the other big difference that I see, and don't know if it is an issue or not is the strut is cylinder side up on yours and we tried it the other way.

      So now I need to go to the boat today and see if This system will fit! Thanks again for the pics and especially for the part #s.

      Allison

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "hmusk" <howardm@...> wrote:

      > Hi Allison,
      >
      > I just posted some photos in Belladrum folder of the gas spring for the forward lid.
      >
      > The gas spring is Attwood SL 33-30 and is 16" from tip to tip when extended and 10.5 when compressed. That is tip to tip, not between attachment points.
      >
      > There is a photo of the lower mount which is a 1.75" thick wood block.
      >
      > I think we will have to add a locking mechanism to it as it does tend to open itself in rough seas.
      >
      > Hope that helps a bit.
      >
      > Howard
      >
      > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Allison Lehman <allisonleh@> wrote:
      > >
      > > thanks Ray. Can you give me the dimensions of the spring when it is contracted?
      > >
      > > Does anybody with a 362 have gas struts instead of springs?
      > >
      > > Allison
      > >

      > > On Aug 15, 2013, at 4:45 PM, rayjanine2002 <rayjanine@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi Allison:
      > > >
      > > > My boat is a 1993 and it has spring struts. I do not have locks holding the lids down like Jamie has in his photos nor are they Corian tops. My boat has Formica countertops which someday I will change to Corian. Corian looks so great.
      > > >
      > > > Ray

    • Lee King
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
        The trick to a gas strut is to make the end near the hinge slightly closer to the fridge top than the far end. That way the strut will hold the top closed as well as open. The difference between a good seal and a bad seal is a very subtle placement of the attachment points.

        Lee
        S38 MKI Cloud Nine

        Sent from my iPad