Re: portable generator

  • rcarter2234
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 28, 2013
      second that

      anyone running a generator is instantly recognized as from away and might as well be in a picnic boat. Top up your batteries outside.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 29, 2013
        I have used a Honda 2k  for years to power the cruise and carry ac unit and charge batterys. even have the 5 gal extra fuel tank and connection so no 2AM gas refills on a hot engine !  yup plug the shore power cord right in the the gen and she runs every thing !
         Lee / fla S-28

        Last year we sailed all five Great Lakes in our 402 and I carried a Generac 2000 it only weighs 50 lbs and is about the same size as a Honda 2000 but generates more power and costs less. It is pretty quiet with it on the bow you can sit in the cockpit and carry on a conversation and allowed me to charge the house batteries without running the main engine particularly when we were on the hook for a few days. I generally ran it when other boats were running their engines. I would check out Genrerac. Mike S 402 #37