Re: In the Market for a Sabre 38 MK I, seeking opinions

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 28, 2013
      Julie,

      The tenderness issue is conquored by reefing just a bit earlier than you would expect. The water enters by coming down inside the mast. When we unstepped it to paint it, we installed a neoprene (sp!) rubber mat under the aluminum mast step fitting so the water would be directed into the bilge and not onto the mast step. It seems to help. We leave the boat in the water in a marina and come north to avoid the hot Mexican summer months. Yes, we know we are fortunate to be able to do what we are doing. To be able to do it in a Sabre, makes in all the more wonderful!

      Jan