Re: [SabreSailboat] Point Judith Inner Harbor

  • Dan Trainor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
      Thanks Carter!  I'll call the yacht club and other marinas.  This is Great!  I wasn't quite sure it was possible to get into this inner harbor.  Now I know.  thank you!  Dan

      On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Carter Brey <carter.brey@...> wrote:

      Dan,

      I have a friend who told me he took his Cheoy Lee 32' ketch up there to the Point Judith Yacht Club. He had a great experience there and found them welcoming.

      I've only anchored up there so can't give you a first-hand recommendation.

      Carter

      On Jul 27, 2013 4:43 PM, "Dan Trainor" <dptrainor@...> wrote:

      Cater,

      Thanks for your information.  This is good.  Any recommendations on marina / dockage?

      Dan

      On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Carter Brey <carter.brey@...> wrote:

      Dan,

      I've been way the heck up in Point Judith Pond several times with my 4.5' draft The channel, though narrow, is dredged to a contolling depth of something like eight feet. Check your chart for that.

      It's far more comfortable up there then in the harbor of refuge, but watch out for the Block Island Ferry before you commit to the Breachway and time your passage for slack water. The current can run five knots through there and there's not much room for error.

      Carter

      On Jul 27, 2013 3:12 PM, "Dan Trainor" <dptrainor@...> wrote:

      Planning to stop at Point Judith next weekend.  When I have been there, I usually just stop over and anchor behind the breaker water.  Easy to get into. Good holding but a bit rolly at times.   But this time I am visiting some friends and need to leave the boat at a dock for a day or two.  Does anyone have any local information on Inner harbor?  Navigation.  I draw 5' 10".  Any suggestions for marinas?  I checked out charts and also Active Captain reviews.  But I see mostly power / fishing type boats go in there, so not too sure about this.  Anyone come into Point Judith / Snug harbor waters with sailboat?  And how did you fair?  Thanks!  Dan

      --
      Dan

      --
      Dan

      --
      Dan
    • Alan Pressman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
        I used to base my Sabre 32 with 5'7" draft out of Ram Point Marina at the head of the harbor.  Plenty of depth, nice marina, nice folks running it, but it has been a few years now...

        Alan
        Windswept S 34 #430
        Sarasota, FL