Re: Introduction

  • mdfriedman1
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
      I would like to ruminate about it for a while before definitively answering your question. Suffice it to say I have found the spirit of this group attractive. I think I will enjoy participating and I know I will learn from the collective experience.
      Mike

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > Welcome to the Group. So, what did you find out about us?
      >
      > Mostly we are passionate our boats and sailing. If there is a mistake to be made on a Sabre, someone here has made it. Occasionally we drift off topic until the navigators among us direct us back to the rum, er, rhumb line. Some of us have been here for more than a decade, wait, that makes us sound old.
      >
      > And from time to time an appropriate limerick captures the essence of our discussions.
      >
      > Dave
      > S30 Mk I #52
      > Identity Crisis
      > Lake Ontario
      >
      > On Jul 25, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Dan Trainor wrote:
      >

      > > Welcome to the club! Much great advise on here for all Sabre models.
      > >

      > > On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM, mdfriedman1 <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi. I would like to introduce myself to the group. My wife and I have recently purchased a 1996 362 and I have been reading the postings for a while in order to learn a bit about the group. We're located in New York City.
      > > Mike Friedman
      > >

      > > --
      > > Dan

    • Carter Brey
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013

        Novitiates post by the bucket;
        No question's so hard that we duck it.
        This synod's not cruel--
        We've only one rule:
        All limericks rhyme with Nantucket.

        On Jul 25, 2013 3:28 PM, "Dave Lochner" <davelochner@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Yahoo
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
          Mike,
          This is my third season with my '95 362 and I absolutely love the boat, as does everyone I bring on it.
          As for this email group, I only discovered it a few months ago, but it's a tremendous resource.  There is almost no question that cannot be answered thoroughly and in most cases, passionately.
          By the way I work in NY but live in CT and keep the boat there.
          Rob

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 25, 2013, at 5:38 PM, "mdfriedman1" <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:

          I would like to ruminate about it for a while before definitively answering your question. Suffice it to say I have found the spirit of this group attractive. I think I will enjoy participating and I know I will learn from the collective experience.
          Mike

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

          > Mike,
          >
          > Welcome to the Group. So, what did you find out about us?
          >
          > Mostly we are passionate our boats and sailing. If there is a mistake to be made on a Sabre, someone here has made it. Occasionally we drift off topic until the navigators among us direct us back to the rum, er, rhumb line. Some of us have been here for more than a decade, wait, that makes us sound old.
          >
          > And from time to time an appropriate limerick captures the essence of our discussions.
          >
          > Dave
          > S30 Mk I #52
          > Identity Crisis
          > Lake Ontario
          >
          > On Jul 25, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Dan Trainor wrote:
          >

          > > Welcome to the club! Much great advise on here for all Sabre models.
          > >

          > > On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM, mdfriedman1 <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi. I would like to introduce myself to the group. My wife and I have recently purchased a 1996 362 and I have been reading the postings for a while in order to learn a bit about the group. We're located in New York City.
          > > Mike Friedman
          > >

          > > --
          > > Dan

        • Yahoo
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
            Speaking of accessing the vast knowledge of the group, my big summer cruise up to Nantucket begins next Thursday and I'm looking to spend the first night in Old Saybrook.  I was there once, came in pretty late, and picked up a random mooring--no problem.  I recall Old Saybrook was mentioned in an earlier discussion, and I'm wondering if I just got lucky or if there is a better way to make sure I have a spot.  Didn't look like there was room to anchor.  Will probably get in late again, and leave first thing the next morning for Block.  Anyone with experience in the harbor, please let me know.

            Thanks

            Rob

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jul 25, 2013, at 7:05 PM, Yahoo <forty_shrimps@...> wrote:

            Mike,
            This is my third season with my '95 362 and I absolutely love the boat, as does everyone I bring on it.
            As for this email group, I only discovered it a few months ago, but it's a tremendous resource.  There is almost no question that cannot be answered thoroughly and in most cases, passionately.
            By the way I work in NY but live in CT and keep the boat there.
            Rob

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jul 25, 2013, at 5:38 PM, "mdfriedman1" <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:

            I would like to ruminate about it for a while before definitively answering your question. Suffice it to say I have found the spirit of this group attractive. I think I will enjoy participating and I know I will learn from the collective experience.
            Mike

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

            > Mike,
            >
            > Welcome to the Group. So, what did you find out about us?
            >
            > Mostly we are passionate our boats and sailing. If there is a mistake to be made on a Sabre, someone here has made it. Occasionally we drift off topic until the navigators among us direct us back to the rum, er, rhumb line. Some of us have been here for more than a decade, wait, that makes us sound old.
            >
            > And from time to time an appropriate limerick captures the essence of our discussions.
            >
            > Dave
            > S30 Mk I #52
            > Identity Crisis
            > Lake Ontario
            >
            > On Jul 25, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Dan Trainor wrote:
            >

            > > Welcome to the club! Much great advise on here for all Sabre models.
            > >

            > > On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM, mdfriedman1 <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi. I would like to introduce myself to the group. My wife and I have recently purchased a 1996 362 and I have been reading the postings for a while in order to learn a bit about the group. We're located in New York City.
            > > Mike Friedman
            > >

            > > --
            > > Dan

          • Jules Bender
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
              Mike, Welcome to the group, there are several 362 owners in the group, me being one of them mine is a 1994......Jules

              On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM, mdfriedman1 <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:

              Hi. I would like to introduce myself to the group. My wife and I have recently purchased a 1996 362 and I have been reading the postings for a while in order to learn a bit about the group. We're located in New York City.
              Mike Friedman

            • Allison
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
                Hi Mike,
                Welcome to the pond. We have a 97 362, hull #82.

                Allison

                --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mdfriedman1" <mdfriedman1@...> wrote:

                > Hi. I would like to introduce myself to the group. My wife and I have recently purchased a 1996 362 and I have been reading the postings for a while in order to learn a bit about the group. We're located in New York City.
                > Mike Friedman

              • Allison Lehman