Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

Expand Messages
  • Thomas Johnson
    The blue I,pellet below does have the threaded shaft which fits perfectly in my 6screw circular plate with o-ring. The westerbeke part I ordered in Blake had
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 20, 2013
      The blue I,pellet below does have the threaded shaft which fits perfectly in my 6screw circular plate with o-ring.   The westerbeke part I ordered in Blake had a thicker shaft which I needed to replace with the threaded to fit.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 20, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:

       

      The 6541 is a 1/2" shaft size, the 331M is 12mm. Otherwise they are identical. The 331M is the direct replacement for the Westerbeke 34440 or Johnson 09-810B, for the infamous 33636 pump, OEM on most of our engines. The cover has odd flat spots and indents w/6 screws. According to Globe's website, they don't offer a replacement for the impeller in the 48080 pump, the replacement with a round cover and 6 screws, but Westerbeke says the impeller for the 48080 pump works for the 33636. If you have the new pump, I have no idea what to say.

      Pete


      On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Dave Evans <dave@...> wrote:
       

      Looks like it. Does have a threaded shaft for the pin. Also on Amazon for 27.50 and free shipping.
      Thx.



      On 7/20/2013 3:57 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON wrote:
       
      Boaters Plus  
      Globe Composite Solutions 6 Blade Globe Impeller 6541
      $41.99


      From: Thomas Johnson <tomsppath@...>
      To: "Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com" <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>; Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:13 AM
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

       
      I'm out anchoring at the moment so don't have my full email with e-receipts but my "blue" impeller  as described ran $41 plus shipping ($6).  Seemed a bit less than the black impellers I've been buying.  Let you know the company later.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 20, 2013, at 5:23 AM, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:

       
      Dan
      They use composite material that is much more durable than typical synthetic rubber impellers. They claim a 10 minute run dry capability, which I have no intention of confirming. Downside, about 2x the cost of a conventional impeller.
      Pete
      Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...> wrote:
       
      Whats all this about a Globe?  Does it last longer?  What are the cons?


      On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:
       
      If you Google Globe impeller company it all comes up !I know if you call Depco Pump Company in Clearwater Florida they are factory reps for them.
       Globe used to sell to the public and you could master card on line  . I think they went to a dealer net work , now ? ! Lee


      From: Dave Evans <dave@...>
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:02 PM

      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

       
      Okay, perhaps time for a blue impeller to go with the SpeedSeal.
      I can't find a listing on the Globe Marine site for the W27A, much its upgraded 48080 pump.
      Must be an answer out here.
      Even with the SpeedSeal, the Profanisaurus is useful.
      Thx,
      dge

      On 7/19/2013 4:07 PM, jack horner wrote:
       
      I agree a Speed seal and a blue  "GLOBE "impeller  ! lee


      From: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>
      To: Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:09 AM
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

       
      +1 rachet, then Speed Seal. 


      On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON <tomsppath@...> wrote:
       
      yep - the speedseal will be good and so will a rachet for now - I'll use that tomorrow!



      From: Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

       
      Thomas,
      The raw water pump on the W27 is a real bear to get at.  One great improvement is the Speed Seal available here:  http://www.speedseal.com/speedseal.html  With the Speed Seal and the Profanisoris you will be better able to change the impeller.
      Dick

      THOMASJ wrote:
       
      Ok, I need advise on changing my impeller - S34 1985 W27- seems the impeller is located motor port side facing aft - I have barely access through the port side access panel on the quarter birth. I can barely reach the screws and need a stubby (short) standard screwdriver as a regular long handle won't fit - really hard to get to - is this about right for the rest of you?

      I changed my zinc and gaskets in the heat exchanger - no problem... but this impeller!







      --
      Dan








      --
      Dan
      Rep




    • coppolar99
      This from Defender fits the (presumably new model) pump on W55 2004: 301968 Globe Run-Dry Impeller 1 0 $36.99
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 22, 2013
        This from Defender fits the (presumably new model) pump on W55 2004:

        301968 Globe Run-Dry Impeller 1 0 $36.99

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:
        >
        > Dan
        > They use composite material that is much more durable than typical
        > synthetic rubber impellers. They claim a 10 minute run dry capability,
        > which I have no intention of confirming. Downside, about 2x the cost of a
        > conventional impeller.
        > Pete
        >
        > Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        >
        > Whats all this about a Globe? Does it last longer? What are the cons?
        >
        >
        > On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >
        > >
        > > If you Google Globe impeller company it all comes up !I know if you call
        > > Depco Pump Company in Clearwater Florida they are factory reps for them.
        > > Globe used to sell to the public and you could master card on line . I
        > > think they went to a dealer net work , now ? ! Lee
        > >
        > > ------------------------------
        > > *From:* Dave Evans <dave@...>
        > > *To:* Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
        > > *Sent:* Friday, July 19, 2013 5:02 PM
        > >
        > > *Subject:* Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27
        > >
        > >
        > > Okay, perhaps time for a blue impeller to go with the SpeedSeal.
        > > I can't find a listing on the Globe Marine site for the W27A, much its
        > > upgraded 48080 pump.
        > > Must be an answer out here.
        > > Even with the SpeedSeal, the Profanisaurus is useful.
        > > Thx,
        > > dge
        > >
        > > On 7/19/2013 4:07 PM, jack horner wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > I agree a Speed seal and a blue "GLOBE "impeller ! lee
        > >
        > > ------------------------------
        > > *From:* Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...> <dptrainor@...>
        > > *To:* Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com><Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
        > > *Sent:* Monday, July 15, 2013 1:09 AM
        > > *Subject:* Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27
        > >
        > >
        > > +1 rachet, then Speed Seal.
        > >
        > >
        > > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON <tomsppath@...>wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > yep - the speedseal will be good and so will a rachet for now - I'll use
        > > that tomorrow!
        > >
        > >
        > > ------------------------------
        > > *From:* Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>
        > > *To:* Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
        > > *Sent:* Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:59 PM
        > > *Subject:* Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27
        > >
        > >
        > > Thomas,
        > > The raw water pump on the W27 is a real bear to get at. One great
        > > improvement is the Speed Seal available here:
        > > http://www.speedseal.com/speedseal.html With the Speed Seal and the
        > > Profanisoris you will be better able to change the impeller.
        > > Dick
        > >
        > > THOMASJ wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > Ok, I need advise on changing my impeller - S34 1985 W27- seems the
        > > impeller is located motor port side facing aft - I have barely access
        > > through the port side access panel on the quarter birth. I can barely reach
        > > the screws and need a stubby (short) standard screwdriver as a regular long
        > > handle won't fit - really hard to get to - is this about right for the rest
        > > of you?
        > >
        > > I changed my zinc and gaskets in the heat exchanger - no problem... but
        > > this impeller!
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > --
        > > Dan
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        >
        >
        > --
        > Dan
        >
      • jack horner
        i just changed out my globe impeller in my Md7a this morning  its been 2 years and the old one looks new..I was getting almost no water out the stern ! 
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 31, 2013
          i just changed out my globe impeller in my Md7a this morning  its been 2 years and the old one looks new..I was getting almost no water out the stern !  Thank god for speed seals..
           Any one knowing some one who would like a great  Saber  28  mine in on crigs list , with great pix .  Lee/ Tarpon Springs  fl



          From: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>
          To: Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:00 PM
          Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

           
          Whats all this about a Globe?  Does it last longer?  What are the cons?


          On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:
           
          If you Google Globe impeller company it all comes up !I know if you call Depco Pump Company in Clearwater Florida they are factory reps for them.
           Globe used to sell to the public and you could master card on line  . I think they went to a dealer net work , now ? ! Lee


          From: Dave Evans <dave@...>
          To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:02 PM

          Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

           
          Okay, perhaps time for a blue impeller to go with the SpeedSeal.
          I can't find a listing on the Globe Marine site for the W27A, much its upgraded 48080 pump.
          Must be an answer out here.
          Even with the SpeedSeal, the Profanisaurus is useful.
          Thx,
          dge

          On 7/19/2013 4:07 PM, jack horner wrote:
           
          I agree a Speed seal and a blue  "GLOBE "impeller  ! lee


          From: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>
          To: Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:09 AM
          Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

           
          +1 rachet, then Speed Seal. 


          On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON <tomsppath@...> wrote:
           
          yep - the speedseal will be good and so will a rachet for now - I'll use that tomorrow!



          From: Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>
          To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:59 PM
          Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

           
          Thomas,
          The raw water pump on the W27 is a real bear to get at.  One great improvement is the Speed Seal available here:  http://www.speedseal.com/speedseal.html  With the Speed Seal and the Profanisoris you will be better able to change the impeller.
          Dick

          THOMASJ wrote:
           
          Ok, I need advise on changing my impeller - S34 1985 W27- seems the impeller is located motor port side facing aft - I have barely access through the port side access panel on the quarter birth. I can barely reach the screws and need a stubby (short) standard screwdriver as a regular long handle won't fit - really hard to get to - is this about right for the rest of you?

          I changed my zinc and gaskets in the heat exchanger - no problem... but this impeller!







          --
          Dan








          --
          Dan


        • jack horner
          I would put my money on the Depco boys , they are 5 miles from me.I was there telephone repair man for 15 years some years ago. they know boat engines and
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 5, 2013
            I would put my money on the Depco boys , they are 5 miles from me.I was there telephone repair man for 15 years some years ago. they know boat engines and water pumps ! your very safe with there advice..  Lee Nicholas S-28


            From: Dave Evans <dave@...>
            To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 6:34 PM
            Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

             
            Pete,
            That's what I'd come across. Seems like the same impellers fit old and new, although the gasket isn't needed but an O-ring on the 48080 pump. So it was a question of which Globe is the one for both. The Depco catalog referenced the 12mm opening. I'll give that a try, not that one wants to try these things out; too hard to access! I swapped the Amazon order for a 331M (metric?) which costs a little more.
            dge

            On 7/20/2013 5:20 PM, Peter Tollini wrote:
             
            The 6541 is a 1/2" shaft size, the 331M is 12mm. Otherwise they are identical. The 331M is the direct replacement for the Westerbeke 34440 or Johnson 09-810B, for the infamous 33636 pump, OEM on most of our engines. The cover has odd flat spots and indents w/6 screws. According to Globe's website, they don't offer a replacement for the impeller in the 48080 pump, the replacement with a round cover and 6 screws, but Westerbeke says the impeller for the 48080 pump works for the 33636. If you have the new pump, I have no idea what to say.
            Pete


            On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Dave Evans <dave@...> wrote:
             
            Looks like it. Does have a threaded shaft for the pin. Also on Amazon for 27.50 and free shipping.
            Thx.


            On 7/20/2013 3:57 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON wrote:
             
            Boaters Plus  
            Globe Composite Solutions 6 Blade Globe Impeller 6541
            $41.99


            From: Thomas Johnson <tomsppath@...>
            To: "Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com" <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
            Cc: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>; Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:13 AM
            Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

             
            I'm out anchoring at the moment so don't have my full email with e-receipts but my "blue" impeller  as described ran $41 plus shipping ($6).  Seemed a bit less than the black impellers I've been buying.  Let you know the company later.

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jul 20, 2013, at 5:23 AM, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...>wrote:

             
            Dan
            They use composite material that is much more durable than typical synthetic rubber impellers. They claim a 10 minute run dry capability, which I have no intention of confirming. Downside, about 2x the cost of a conventional impeller.
            Pete
            Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>wrote:
             
            Whats all this about a Globe?  Does it last longer?  What are the cons?


            On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:
             
            If you Google Globe impeller company it all comes up !I know if you call Depco Pump Company in Clearwater Florida they are factory reps for them.
             Globeused to sell to the public and you could master card on line  . I think they went to a dealer net work , now ? ! Lee


            From: Dave Evans <dave@...>
            To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:02 PM

            Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

             
            Okay, perhaps time for a blue impeller to go with the SpeedSeal.
            I can't find a listing on the Globe Marine site for the W27A, much its upgraded 48080 pump.
            Must be an answer out here.
            Even with the SpeedSeal, the Profanisaurus is useful.
            Thx,
            dge

            On 7/19/2013 4:07 PM, jack horner wrote:
             
            I agree a Speed seal and a blue  "GLOBE "impeller  ! lee


            From: Dan Trainor <dptrainor@...>
            To: Sabre Sailboat <Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:09 AM
            Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

             
            +1rachet, then Speed Seal. 


            On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON <tomsppath@...> wrote:
             
            yep - the speedseal will be good and so will a rachet for now - I'll use that tomorrow!



            From: Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...>
            To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:59 PM
            Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] S34 Impeller W27

             
            Thomas,
            The raw water pump on the W27 is a real bear to get at.  One great improvement is the Speed Seal available here:  http://www.speedseal.com/speedseal.html  With the Speed Seal and the Profanisoris you will be better able to change the impeller.
            Dick

            THOMASJ wrote:
             
            Ok, I need advise on changing my impeller - S34 1985 W27- seems the impeller is located motor port side facing aft - I have barely access through the port side access panel on the quarter birth. I can barely reach the screws and need a stubby (short) standard screwdriver as a regular long handle won't fit - really hard to get to - is this about right for the rest of you?

            I changed my zinc and gaskets in the heat exchanger - no problem... but this impeller!







            --
            Dan








            --
            Dan
            Rep







          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.