Fbyc video 5

  • John Kalinowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
    Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
      Looks like Fishing Bay YC on the peninsula between the Rappahannock and the Piankatank, near Deltaville.  Am I correct?
      Pete

      On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM, John Kalinowski <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from John Kalinowski included below]

      Sent from my iPhone

    • josrulz_2001
      Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
        If it is, and I think youre right, it's between the Piankatank and Jackson Creek, though the Rappahanock is not too far away of course. I definitely don't mean that just to correct you...I just really like Jackson Creek! It was one of my cruising/sailing stomping grounds as a kid. Good times...

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:

        > Looks like Fishing Bay YC on the peninsula between the Rappahannock and the
        > Piankatank, near Deltaville. Am I correct?
        > Pete
        >

        > On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM, John Kalinowski <sabre32sailor@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >
        > > [Attachment(s) <#13fe99794b1d1673_TopText> from John Kalinowski included
        > > below]
        > >

        > > Sent from my iPhone

      • Kevin
        Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
          Being a Rivah boy I can say that yes that is Fishing Bay YC. Where the docks are is looking into Jackson Creek.

          Kevin

          Message 5 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
            We tied up at the club's dock on the Piankatank/Stove Point side for two days with a Grand Soliel 40 we were delivering south about 15 years ago.  The Perkins diesel was acting up, and we enjoyed the club's hospitality, including a loaner car for a grocery run, the run of the clubhouse and the pool, while Deltaville Diesel's ace mechanic got us back in action.   Nice club, nice people, incredible location.  An extra day waiting for parts would not have been awful.
            Pete

            On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Kevin <Khartz86@...> wrote:

            Being a Rivah boy I can say that yes that is Fishing Bay YC. Where the docks are is looking into Jackson Creek.

            Kevin

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, John Kalinowski <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

            > Sent from my iPhone

          • sabre32sailor
            Message 6 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
              Good eyes Pete

              Was sending a set of  videoes of various clubs to a buddy who is looking at clubs in that area.
              I didn’t notice I sent that one to the sabregroup by mistake until after it had posted.
              That will teach me to email after a 12 hour drive in 100 degree heat.
              Sorry about that.

              The wife and I were in the area last weekend.
              Got a chance to attend my first crab boil at Mathews Yacht club.
              Had a blast!

              And the next day we bought a house in Hardyville which is around the corner from FBYC.
              We were going to wait to purchase until next year, but the house “spoke” to both of us (never had that happen before). Will be moving down next summer.

              Since first requesting information on the Bay area several years ago, many of you have provided information which we followed up on during trips at various times of the year.  As usual, the contacts we were given turned out to be the highest quality people to work with.  Special thanks to Godwin Jones who has shared his vast local knowledge and rolodex to the wife and I on multiple occations.

              This forum is exactly what a conference should be about.  People helping other people and sharing knowledge and experiences.   Trash talking trolls need not apply.

              Regards

              john

              Sent from Windows Mail