Re: Garmin 421 [2 Attachments]

  • bruixa1
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2013
      Hi John,
      Your mounting idea is beautiful. Wondering what if any deviation the proximity of the electronic to the compass produced.
      cheers
      Elisa

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Sabo <davesabo@...> wrote:

      > I knew you guys have great idea's out there
      >

      > ________________________________

    • JOHN CALLIS
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
        None that I noticed.  I don't think the GPS is much closer than it would be with any other mount.

        John

        On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 02:05 PM, bruixa1 wrote:

        Hi John,
        Your mounting idea is beautiful. Wondering what if any deviation the proximity of the electronic to the compass produced.
        cheers
        Elisa

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Sabo <davesabo@...> wrote:

        > I knew you guys have great idea's out there

      • Dave Sabo
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
        here is what I did to mount the Garmin 421
        I had a mount for my garmin 45xl (cira 1995) and used that it worled fine

        Of course it was my girlfriend Annie's Idea

        Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
          Have you considered a RAM mount?...

          http://www.rammount.com/Home/tabid/37/Default.aspx