Re: [SabreSailboat] The Top 40

  • Bennett Kaufman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      I'm not quibbling about the 36 at all other than to point out that the 36 followed the original 38, rather than preceding  it.

      True, the 38-1 was introduced in 1981, the 36 not until 1984.  But, the 36 had a different cabin profile than the 38-1, and the same cabin profile in the 38 was not seen until the 38-2, introduced in 1988, so there is some room for argument as to which came first from a profile (looks) standpoint.

      But I am going to raise a hairy eyeball about rating a Hunter, a Catalina, and a brace of Benepigs over the Sou'wester 42.  And who hasn't had the breath kicked out them by shear beauty of the Baltic 38?

      As with anything else involving boats, the number of opinions about any question exceeds the number of people expressing an opinion...

      ben kaufman, CARACOL (S36 #52)