Re: S30 MKIII - W18 Fresh Water leak - how to debug?

  • genkinyc
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 3 7:57 PM
      I've got one of these little puppies coming this Friday.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XSJKH8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Will report back and thanks for all the help!

      Totally out of my depth

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 19, 2013
        Ken -
        Most radiator shops can do a full cleaning and repair for @$100.  A new one from Sen-Dure is about 4x, the same Sen-Dure unit from W, @ 6x.
        Pete

        On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM, genkinyc <dtushingham@...> wrote:

        Follow up, looks like there's a leak inside the heat exchanger. The green coolant can be observed inside when you remove an end cap.

        I'm running with it like this for this season, just keep topping up the coolant. I'll remove and see if the HX can be saved during the winter.

        I prefer a HX problem to a head gasket problem though.

        Thanks