speed wheel that goes thru the thru hull is hard to lift

  • Jules Bender
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Does anyone have have any suggestions for making it easier to take out the speed indicator that goes thru the thru hull, a friend wants to put grease on his, but I think this will make it harder to lift
    • Charles Sidwa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        I use a silicon lubricant on mine.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 29, 2013, at 1:53 PM, "Jules Bender" <julesbender@...> wrote:

        Does anyone have have any suggestions for making it easier to take out the speed indicator that goes thru the thru hull, a friend wants to put grease on his, but I think this will make it harder to lift

      • Yuriy Matsegora
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          Silicone grease is recommended for the transducer's O-rings before install. It wouldn't hurt to put it on plastic as well. (I assume it's a plastic transducer)

          On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Jules Bender <julesbender@...> wrote:

          Does anyone have have any suggestions for making it easier to take out the speed indicator that goes thru the thru hull, a friend wants to put grease on his, but I think this will make it harder to lift

        • sabre32sailor
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
            Use Silicone grease.
            Petroleum grease can swell the rubber seals and you will play heck removing it.

            While you at it, do not forget to grease the plug too.

            Cheapest place is a pool store, but any hardware store will also have it.

            Sent from Windows Mail

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013

              Jules , Anmar makes a transducer that never needs to be removed and has no moving Parts ! Check it out    lee / fla