Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Instrument housing wanted.

  • Yuriy Matsegora
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
      Thanks, John. I had this thought to drill the hole in the cockpit but was hesitant to make it permanent. But looking at the responses (or lack thereof) I may do just that. I looked at the Edson single instrument housing with mounting arm I just can't shell out $360 for it. For that money the multi instrument NavPod housing can be had. I just don't have multiple instruments. Most of the information I have on my Garmin GPS anyway.

      On Jun 26, 2013, at 6:52 AM, JohnF <jl_folk@...> wrote:

      How about no housing at all? Mine is mounted in a hole drilled in the cockpit coaming, stbd side, near the helm seat. Was installed by a previous owner but appears to be a good spot to support easy installation and running the necessary wiring to the compass, wheel, and power panel.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Yuriy Matsegora <ymatsegora@...> wrote:

      > Hello, all.
      > My quest for Raymarine autopilot was successfull and eventally I was able
      > to find ST4000+ control head and fluxgate compass.
      > Now I'm loooking for a single instrument housing to place the "new" control
      > head in cockpit. Please let me know if you have rail mount
      > instrument housing you can part with.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Yuriy.
      >
      > P.S. I'm not cheap...I'm green. :)

    • Allison Lehman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
        Yurly watch ebay for a while, these things come up from time to time

        Allison

        On Jun 26, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Yuriy Matsegora <ymatsegora@...> wrote:

        Thanks, John. I had this thought to drill the hole in the cockpit but was hesitant to make it permanent. But looking at the responses (or lack thereof) I may do just that. I looked at the Edson single instrument housing with mounting arm I just can't shell out $360 for it. For that money the multi instrument NavPod housing can be had. I just don't have multiple instruments. Most of the information I have on my Garmin GPS anyway.

        On Jun 26, 2013, at 6:52 AM, JohnF <jl_folk@...> wrote:

        How about no housing at all? Mine is mounted in a hole drilled in the cockpit coaming, stbd side, near the helm seat. Was installed by a previous owner but appears to be a good spot to support easy installation and running the necessary wiring to the compass, wheel, and power panel.

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Yuriy Matsegora <ymatsegora@...> wrote:

        > Hello, all.
        > My quest for Raymarine autopilot was successfull and eventally I was able
        > to find ST4000+ control head and fluxgate compass.
        > Now I'm loooking for a single instrument housing to place the "new" control
        > head in cockpit. Please let me know if you have rail mount
        > instrument housing you can part with.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Yuriy.
        >
        > P.S. I'm not cheap...I'm green. :)

      • Barend Brink
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
          Ditto! I found my 3 instrument NavPod for $100 on eBay, brand new.

          To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
          From: allisonleh@...
          Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:08:09 -0700
          Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Instrument housing wanted.

          Yurly watch ebay for a while, these things come up from time to time

          Allison

          On Jun 26, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Yuriy Matsegora <ymatsegora@...> wrote:

          Thanks, John. I had this thought to drill the hole in the cockpit but was hesitant to make it permanent. But looking at the responses (or lack thereof) I may do just that. I looked at the Edson single instrument housing with mounting arm I just can't shell out $360 for it. For that money the multi instrument NavPod housing can be had. I just don't have multiple instruments. Most of the information I have on my Garmin GPS anyway.

          On Jun 26, 2013, at 6:52 AM, JohnF <jl_folk@...> wrote:

          How about no housing at all? Mine is mounted in a hole drilled in the cockpit coaming, stbd side, near the helm seat. Was installed by a previous owner but appears to be a good spot to support easy installation and running the necessary wiring to the compass, wheel, and power panel.

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Yuriy Matsegora <ymatsegora@...> wrote:

          > Hello, all.
          > My quest for Raymarine autopilot was successfull and eventally I was able
          > to find ST4000+ control head and fluxgate compass.
          > Now I'm loooking for a single instrument housing to place the "new" control
          > head in cockpit. Please let me know if you have rail mount
          > instrument housing you can part with.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Yuriy.
          >
          > P.S. I'm not cheap...I'm green. :)

        • Yuriy Matsegora
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
            Thanks, guys. I'll be watching eBay then.

            To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
            From: allisonleh@...
            Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:08:09 -0700