Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Masthead light

  • sabre32sailor
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013
      Tricolor was an option
      Was on the breaker, but no wire up the mast.
      Just got done pulling  a set of triplex up mine as part of a complete rewire job.
      Works pissa as they say in Boston
      Now to change out the bulb as the Hella unit uses 10x more juice then my led nav lights.

      -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

      On May 30, 2013 2:45 PM, Jim Starkey <jim@...> wrote:

      The steaming light was standard, but the masthead tri-color was an option.  Your boat may not have one, and if it does, it may be factory or added later.

      The streaming light should have its own circuit and be completely independent of other nav lights.

      It sounds like somebody may have put a switch in ground for the nav lights.  If so, there would always be +12V to the lights, a very bad idea.  I'd check behind the breaker panel and make sure all the breakers are connected to the positive bus bar.

      There's no end to the possibilities for creativity of a previous owner with a philips head screw driver and an Internet connection.

      On May 30, 2013, at 2:26 PM, "whtsqwl" <whtsqwl@...> wrote:

      The light I'm referring to is what you are calling the powering light. I've also heard of it called a steamer light. It is not a tricolor, just a white light (220 degrees - in front of mast). The red/green is at the bow. It is certainly possible that a previous owner modified something, but I was trying to understand at least what the factory config would be.