RE: [SabreSailboat] mast post wiring

  • Mike Merriman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2013

      I just did the same on my 32.  I removed the aluminum collar and dug out the goop sealing the wires in.  It was pretty simple to pull any wire individually then.  The hard part is fishing the new wire – it takes a hard turn at the keel through a 1” hole.  Much swearing.  To reseal I plugged the hole with electrical duct seal and then a healthy dose of 4200.

      Mike Merriman

      SGK29013

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2013

        Mike

        Do you have to pull the collar off?

        Getting ready to finish the wiring job, as I have been running the wires out the inspection port, down the aft hatch and across the ceiling to the compression post and into the bilge (don't laugh, it works..).

        It looks from the factory diagrams that I ought to be able to dig into the waterproof goop with the collar in place.

        Cannot see  pulling it off if it is not need.

        Thanks for any advice in advance.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2013

          Yes – you don’t need to remove the collar, but you might as well – its lagged in place, and the screw holding in place were leaking a bit.  And that’s a cored section of the deck.

          Mike Merriman

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2013
            thanks Mike

            getting my head ready for a long day tomorrow.

            Sent from Windows Mail