Re: Another 38 question: holding tanks

  • genkinyc
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13 12:24 PM
      Just to give you some idea of pricing.

      I need a replacement tank for my S30, called Kracor a couple of weeks back and they quoted me $521 plus shipping - 3-4 weeks lead time and there is $100 up charge for specifying my own fittings. 1 year warranty.

      Not exactly thrilled about that pricing on the original tank. Also I would like to move fittings to the top and increase vent line diameter. I'm trying to find a suitable replacement from Ronco Plastics (saw a post from Peggie Hall recommending them)

      The original tank on the S30 is an unusual shape so some rework will probably be required going with an off the shelf from Ronco, not sure if you would also need re-work on your S38.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, DAVID LOCHNER <davelochner@...> wrote:

      > If you contact Sabre they may be able to order one for you at a cost much lower than you can obtain. Call Glen.
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > On May 13, 2013, at 3:11 PM, "mc1001@..." <mc1001@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am glad to hear this, but there is also the question of size. I haven't see it but
      > > I imagine the Sabre 30 gal rigid tank used the available space. I certainly don't think the space will fit the 42 gal Vetus bladder. So has anyone on the list gone back to Sabre for a
      > > 2nd tank? Thanks, JM

    • Keith
      Message 2 of 7 , May 13 5:44 PM
        I ordered a new holding tank for my S32  from Glen at Sabre last week.  Price was $425 with 3-4 weeks lead time.

        I need a replacement tank for my S30, called Kracor a couple of weeks back and they quoted me $521 plus shipping - 3-4 weeks lead time and there is $100 up charge for specifying my own fittings. 1 year warranty.

        Not exactly thrilled about that pricing on the original tank. Also I would like to move fittings to the top and increase vent line diameter. I'm trying to find a suitable replacement from Ronco Plastics (saw a post from Peggie Hall recommending them)

        The original tank on the S30 is an unusual shape so some rework will probably be required going with an off the shelf from Ronco, not sure if you would also need re-work on your S38.

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, DAVID LOCHNER <davelochner@...> wrote:

        > If you contact Sabre they may be able to order one for you at a cost much lower than you can obtain. Call Glen.
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > On May 13, 2013, at 3:11 PM, "mc1001@..." <mc1001@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am glad to hear this, but there is also the question of size. I haven't see it but
        > > I imagine the Sabre 30 gal rigid tank used the available space. I certainly don't think the space will fit the 42 gal Vetus bladder. So has anyone on the list gone back to Sabre for a
        > > 2nd tank? Thanks, JM

      • walkabout193
        Message 3 of 7 , May 14 3:19 AM
          The polyethylene tanks were manufactured by Kracor. Im certain they will have the tank specs. The holding tank sits beneath the plywood decking in the starboard lazarette. Access is pretty good and you should have few issues installing a replacement tank.

          Len Bertaux
          Walkabout S38 mkii