RE: [SabreSailboat] pickup buoy fix

  • Devine, John
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2013

      You can use 3/8” adhesive lined tube available in many lengths and colors or you can spray the stick with gloss or flat white Rust-Oleum for $3.50.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 7, 2013
        I had my prop reconditioned and repitched over the winter to address the fact that I was cruising along at disappointing speeds while motoring at cruising rpm.  It seems to have done the trick.  When I went for my first sail of the season on Sunday, I was able to do better than 5 knots over land motoring against the wind and current at 2800 rpm.  At full throttle I registered 3800 rpm and was doing nearly 7 knots in the same conditions.  There was a noticeable improvement in boat speed at all rpms versus last season, when I would maybe move 4-4.5 knots in calm conditions with rpms > 3000.

        Still need to test boat speed in calm conditions, but would love to hear what kind of boat speeds other Sabres are achieving at cruising rpm however you define that.

        Thanks
        Rob

        "Tash" 362 '95

        Sent from my iPad

        On May 7, 2013, at 3:20 PM, "Devine, John" <john_devine@...> wrote:

        You can use 3/8” adhesive lined tube available in many lengths and colors or you can spray the stick with gloss or flat white Rust-Oleum for $3.50.

        Hi I need to prevent glass splinters. What size heat shrink tube do I need to get for the mast on a pickup buoy?

        Thanks

        Tom

      • Allison Lehman

          Message 4 of 12 , May 8, 2013
            3/8”   Any hardware store will have red or white.
            a trip to an electrical store will get you yellow.

            It is much better than epoxy or paint.
            Been there, done that..

            john

            Sent from Windows Mail

              Hi I need to prevent glass splinters. What size heat shrink tube do I need to get for the mast on a pickup buoy?

              Thanks

              Tom

            • Jules Bender