Re: White acrylic?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2013
      I found them in Lowes. I believe the brand was "wiremold." The ones I got have two screw holes, have a matte finish, are round, and are beige -- almost a perfect match for the fiberglass. They are designed for covering unused ceiling boxes. I think they are orders of magnitude nicer than the crap that Sabre hacked out of Lexan!

      Harry

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, John Kelleher <johnmkelleher@...> wrote:

      > I am getting ready to do the same job. I was in Home Depot last week and
      > noticed a white plastic cover near the junction boxes. Picked one up and
      > it is the same size that is currently installed. The only difference is
      > the new plate has four holes for mounting screw where the original has
      > two.
      >
      > Try Home Depot or Lowest first, less than $2.
      >
      > John K
      > S30 MKI #64
      >
      > S/V Imagine
      > Bodkin Creek, MD
      > On May 1, 2013 10:56 PM, "vanbeckump" <vanbeckump@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > What are the square white plastic covers on my cabin ceiling made from and
      > > does anyone have enough to make a couple of them? 5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
      > >
      > > I am moving my halyard winches to the cabin top and need to cover the
      > > holed below.
      > >
      > > Also, I need several of the one inch hole buttons to plug up holes from
      > > installing new deck organizers.
      > >
      > > Peter

    • carlsonm54
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2013
        The hole covers are 1/8 or 3/16 white acrylic. Most sign shops have plenty of small cut offs laying around.

        You can buy a pieces as small as 12 x 12" from

        http://www.usplastic.com/ for about $6.00

        Cut to size with a sabre saw (preferred method)or table saw and bevel the edges with a belt sander.

        Id there is curve in your head liner take a heat gun and warm the plastic and you can form it to shape needed.