Re: [SabreSailboat] keel conversion

  • John Horr
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30 9:39 AM

      Charlie, did you do the conversion yourself or did you have a yard do it?
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30 9:47 AM
        Lee,  we were looking in Fairfield Harbour and a few other waterfront homes on the river between New Bern and Havelock and all seemed to be less than 5' deep. We keep our boat at our home here on Lake Ontario and would like to continue to keep our boat at our home where ever we go. John

        I sail on the Neuse River and don't think 5'3" is a problem. Near New Bern we regularly race with 6' draft boats. The 7'ers have issues, but that's a long ways from 5'3".

        Lee
        1983 Sabre 38 maki
        Cloud Nine

        Sent from my iPad
      • Charles Sidwa
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 30 9:58 AM

          Prior owner had done it.

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 30 11:04 AM
            I am at Blackbeard Sailing Club which is close to Fairfield. Your limiting factor would be water at the dock, not in the river or channel to Fairfield. My suggestion would be to select a house before you select a keel. There are plenty of houses in Fairfield with 5+ feet of water.

            Lee

            Sent from my iPad