Sabre 362 1993-1994

  • mainesailor@gmail.,com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
      I am in the process of purchasing a 1993 Sabre 362 with rod rigging and look forward to being part of this group. Just completed the survey  and this went well.   I would be interested on any feedback anyone may have on the 362 of this vintage.

      Lou
    • Dan Trainor
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
        Welcome to the Club!

        --
        Dan
      • Jules Bender
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
          Lou, I have a 362 also, it is boat number 110, the boat has performed well for me, I use it for club racing and also cruising.....my biggest maintenance cost will be later this year when I have to replace my standing rigging, that will not be a problem for you since you have rod rigging.....there are a number of us that have 362's and I have found the advice of others very helpful when dealing with maintenance issues, welcome aboard.....Jules Bender

          On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM, mainesailor@gmail.,com <tptdh@...> wrote:

          I am in the process of purchasing a 1993 Sabre 362 with rod rigging and look forward to being part of this group. Just completed the survey  and this went well.   I would be interested on any feedback anyone may have on the 362 of this vintage.

          Lou

        • Allison Lehman
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
            Welcome Lou,
            Make sure the limber hole beneath the mast is open so water drains to the bilge rather than sitting at the base of the mast.

            Allison
            S/V Calypso S 362

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
              Thank you.  I have heard of this being a problem and will make sure it is clear prior to stepping.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
                Hope you enjoy her, I know we do!

                Allison

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
                  Hi Lou:

                  Welcome aboard. This is a great forum for Sabres. I have hull no. 111 which is a 1993 Sabre 362. It's a great sailboat and am very happy with her. Best of luck on your new purchase.

                  Kind Regards,

                  Ray
                  Second Wind