Re: [SabreSailboat] Fantastic Service at Hoffmann's Fuel Injection Service

  • Bruce Heyman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23 9:26 PM
      Mike,
      Did you have to remove the pre-combustion chamber?  If so how.
      Thanks,
      Bruce

      Bruce Heyman
      (949) 289-8400

      Mike <booher.rm@...> wrote:

      Hello All,
          I had an O-Ring leaking in a Delivery Value Holder  on the fuel pump and since I had to take the air intake manifold and fuel lines off to get to it, I decided to replace all four O-Rings and pull the injectors  on my Westerbeke W33. I  I went to  Arundel Diesel in Severn MD and they rebuilt the injectors and gave me all the O-Rings and copper washers to finish the job. They did a great job on the injectors and provided a great service.

      Mike Booher, S/V Stryker 38MKI

      Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 8:25 AM
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Fantastic Service at Hoffmann's Fuel Injection Service

         I'd like to put in a plug for Hoffman's in Newark, DE.  I pulled my injectors from the Westerbeke 30B3 last Tuesday and shipped them UPS to Hoffmann's that afternoon.  I received a call from Alan Hoffmann Wednesday morning letting me know that they had received them and that they had completed the bench test showing a rebuild was required.  I received a call Thursday morning from Alan letting me know that they were complete and would ship out that afternoon.  Total cost was 85.00/injector plus shipping.  I received them Friday, installed them Saturday, and now have smooth running engine.
        Hoffmann's was completely up front with me and you can't beat their customer service.  If you can't find a good injector shop in your area I would highly recommend them.

      --
      Don Kerrigan "Kanaloa's Call" Sabre 34T #385 Bay Point Marina, Norfolk, VA