WinchRite Cordless Winch Handle

  • rckkinder
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 7:08 PM
      We are interested in learning others experience (reliabilty, durability and performance including battery life between charges) of the WinchRite cordless winch handle by Sailology. We are considering it with the main halyard winch. Thanks
      Rick Kinder
      Pradel - Sabre 402
    • John Lark
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19 9:48 AM
        Hi Rick,
        I have some friends with a 42 Island Packet that have used a 'winch-buddy' for years. Every time I have sailed with them I found it heavy, awkward and always in the way. When I saw a winchrite at a boat show I was impressed and bought it. I use it to raise the main, and the commodore uses it to trim, especially in a heavier breeze. Daysailing it has never run out of juice and usually charges in a few hours, easily if charged overnight.  They make a holster carrier for it but I've never found that it is that much in the way, usually bungee cord it below the dodger when not being used but it is light and easy to handle on the winch. I find that I don't tend to use it much when sailing by she can't live without it ! Compared to a winchbuddy... like night and day !

        John
        s/v "Rejoice"
        Sabre 38 Mk II

        We are interested in learning others experience (reliabilty, durability and performance including battery life between charges) of the WinchRite cordless winch handle by Sailology. We are considering it with the main halyard winch. Thanks
        Rick Kinder
        Pradel - Sabre 402

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional