MD7A Throttle Bell Crank

  • sabre3528
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
      Hi All...I have a sticking throttle control which I traced down to a bell crank mechanism mounted on the engine. It connects the throttle cable to the fuel control rod. The bushing was well worn causing the bell crank to tilt up when force was applied to the throttle lever. This caused the works to bind up. Was able to fashion a replacement bushing but it turns out that the pivot rod that goes through the bushing is worn out of round. Our local Volvo guru Dick Vosbury says that the bell crank assembly is not a Volvo part. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? TIA…p
    • christopher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
        I'm not sure what you mean by the bell crank assembly. But we had a problem with the throttle linkage on our MD7A. We could not get full throttle. I took it all apart and bushed the V or Z bar. Then I was able to get new end caps for the tie rods from a local industrial equipment supply company. http://www.malveseequipment.com/ No affiliation with them, but I brought the components in and they were able to match them up with little fuss.

        Best of luck,
        Christopher
        S30 #18 Aetheria

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
          Thanks Christopher. The bell crank may be the Z bar you are talking about. I'll try to post a picture. Very good advice to try a land based Volvo dealer.