Re: CPT autopilot

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25 1:52 PM
      Pierre:
      I had looked at one of these a few years back. Reason I didn't buy, was it does not have any way to interface with a GPS or nav system. No NEMA, No Seatalk, nothing.

      JD

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25 2:33 PM
        There are a number of reasons that you may not be happy with that unit:
        • There appears to be no rudder sensor.  It is extremely difficult for an autopilot to perform well (i.e. decently) without a rudder sensor.
        • The open belt is an open invitation to catch something, which is not going to be good for the something, the belt, or the autopilot.
        • The lack of networking makes it impossible to integrate with other systems.  A Raymarine autopilot, for example, can be controlled from a control head, a wireless remote, a chart plotter, or all of the above.  There is also no way to export heading data which can be used for both "north up" radar display as well as Marpa (automatic radar target tracking).
        • It doesn't seem to have the ability to add a windvane
        Maybe you don't sail with cats or dogs and have limited interest in networking electronics.  But you might change your mind later, and if you ever decide the sell the boat, a prospective buyer might.