Re: Sabre 28 Thru Hulls

  • christopher
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2013
      Not sure about the S28 but on our S30 the Head Sink Drain is 1 1/4" not 1 1/2". You might want to double check before you machine that thru hull.

      Best of luck,
      Christopher
      S30 #18 Aetheria (currently for sale)

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
        Second on that! My '79 S34-I has a 1 1/4 head sink.

        Harry

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "christopher" <cercole@...> wrote:

        > Not sure about the S28 but on our S30 the Head Sink Drain is 1 1/4" not 1 1/2". You might want to double check before you machine that thru hull.
        >
        > Best of luck,
        > Christopher
        > S30 #18 Aetheria (currently for sale)
        >
        > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Kemp" <jkemp2@> wrote:
        > >
        > > T730 is on the packing list. Here is a side by side photo: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E833A7452D39A6F!295 <https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E833A7452D39A6F!295&authkey=!AKNSo_ugyxNBoQI> &authkey=!AKNSo_ugyxNBoQI

      • Joe Kemp
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013

          Turns out Sabre used a couple different suppliers.  My sea cocks and thru hulls were made by Wilcox Crittenden not Spartan Marine.  So I am out of luck for a direct replacement.  I am switching to a regular Groco mushroom head thru hull.  It will still be a little recessed but not a perfect fit.  I am going to glass in a fiberglass backing board and bolt the new sea cock in.  Should be stronger than the originals.   I knew I was doomed for an easy repair when the old thru hull came out so easily.

          -Joe

          Not sure about the S28 but on our S30 the Head Sink Drain is 1 1/4" not 1 1/2". You might want to double check before you machine that thru hull.

          Best of luck,
          Christopher
          S30 #18 Aetheria (currently for sale)

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Kemp" <jkemp2@...> wrote:

          > T730 is on the packing list. Here is a side by side photo: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E833A7452D39A6F!295 <https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E833A7452D39A6F!295&authkey=!AKNSo_ugyxNBoQI> &authkey=!AKNSo_ugyxNBoQI

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
            Joe:
            You might try Hamilton Marine up in Searsport ME. I think they bought all of the old Wilcox Crittenden "stuff". I know I have seen a lot in their stores on closeouts. Worth a try!!
            JD

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Kemp" <jkemp2@...> wrote:

            > Turns out Sabre used a couple different suppliers. My sea cocks and thru hulls were made by Wilcox Crittenden not Spartan Marine. So I am out of luck for a direct replacement. I am switching to a regular Groco mushroom head thru hull. It will still be a little recessed but not a perfect fit. I am going to glass in a fiberglass backing board and bolt the new sea cock in. Should be stronger than the originals. I knew I was doomed for an easy repair when the old thru hull came out so easily.
            >

            > -Joe

          • Joe Kemp
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 26, 2013

              Thanks for the tip.  I just gave them a call and you are correct that they had the remaining old stock from WC.  But unfortunately they didn’t have any  thru hulls.

              Thanks.

              You might try Hamilton Marine up in Searsport ME. I think they bought all of the old Wilcox Crittenden "stuff". I know I have seen a lot in their stores on closeouts. Worth a try!!
              JD

              --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Kemp" <jkemp2@...> wrote:

              > Turns out Sabre used a couple different suppliers. My sea cocks and thru hulls were made by Wilcox Crittenden not Spartan Marine. So I am out of luck for a direct replacement. I am switching to a regular Groco mushroom head thru hull. It will still be a little recessed but not a perfect fit. I am going to glass in a fiberglass backing board and bolt the new sea cock in. Should be stronger than the originals. I knew I was doomed for an easy repair when the old thru hull came out so easily.
              >

              > -Joe

            • coppjd1
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2014
                Hi Joe Kemp,

                Hope you are still out there. I am attempting this project over the winter. Do you have any advice on suppliers for these parts? Any pictures of your project?

                Thanks,

                Jonathan Copp
                S-28 #188