Emptying S36 fuel tank

  • pbfein
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
      Tried running 1/2" and 1/4" tubes down the filler hose with no luck. Is there a plan of attack upon entering the port lazarette? Remove filler hose? Is there a sender or inspection port that can be easily removed?

      Thanks,
      Peter
      S36 #99
    • Charles Sidwa
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
        Remove the fuel sender and pump away.   Charlie

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
          On my 34-I, I removed the filler hose and then was able to stuff a short length of garden hose (metal fitting and all!) through the elbow. Getting it back OUT turned out to be harder....

          The sender would have been a challenge, as there is very little headroom over it. With the Volvo, which by design does not return fuel to the tank, the return line simply has a plug in it which could have been used.

          Harry