Re: painting prop

  • Michael Turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      We used Prop-Speed in 2012 with excellent results. It was applied in late June. The running gear was spotless, when the boat was hauled in late October. Worth every dollar.

      Julie and Michael Turner
      Running On MT S402

      Regards,

      Michael Turner
      Chief Operating Officer
      Surecomp Services, Inc.
      Mobile: 1 410-490-1797
      Surecomp e-mail: michael.turner@...

      Alternate email: mturner220@...

      Surecomp Services, Inc.
      2 Hudson Place, 4th Floor
      Hoboken, NJ 07030

      Sent from my iPad. Please excuse typos and auto miscorrections.
    • Ira Baline
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        Rustoleum works for me too. Indigo bronze prop.

        S-28 1 Morning Star

        Ira Baline

        On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM, john kalinowski <sabre32sailor@...> wrote:

        I have been using Rustoleum cold galanization spray from Home Depot for $4..
        I had a bit of grass growth at the end of the season, but nothing else.
        According to the MSDs, they are the same as Petit.

        Did you have any issues with your zincs last season?
        Because if you did, the paint is going to turn into a spray zinc that is going to disappear quickly.

        john

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
          I've been using Velox on my running gear for over a year.  I really like this stuff.  Much less expensive than Prop Speed and works at least as well in my view.  Less complicated to apply too.  I found a U Tube broadcast on it so check it out;

          Alan
          Windswept S 34 #430
          Sarasota