Re: halyard length

  • mhrutstein
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 22, 2013
      I guess I haven' been here long enough to get the inside Sabre jokes!

      Mike
    • stebenb9567
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
        Suggest you get a quote for your halyards from Rigging Only...good service & prices!

        Steve
        Wind Rush II
        S38-I

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mhrutstein" <mhrutstein@...> wrote:

        > Was there really a "tall rig" for the 38-I? I didn't see anything about that in the manual, although it gives detailed specs for both the full keel and centerboard versions.
        >
        > I am getting ready to replace all the running rigging on my 38-I this spring, so I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL if you would publish your findings. Otherwise I'll guess I'll be dragging the old lines to West Marine!
        >
        > Mike
        > S/V TREASURE

      • Steven Fein
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
          The reason for my question is that I have been having trouble with bagging on the lower part of the luff of the main.
          My sailmaker has DX it as a stretchy halyard. So I am looking to replace it with Stay Set x or given that there has been negative comment on Stay Set maybe go to VPC or Samsons XLS
          SS
        • Joe
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
            My manual has 127' for the 38mkII spinaker halyard led aft.

            I have XLS halyards now, It's too stretchy. I am going to splice in amsteel blue.
            I would suggest XLS Extra T or MLX.

            Defender's sale is on now.

            Joe

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Steven Fein <ssfein@...> wrote:

            > The reason for my question is that I have been having trouble with bagging on the lower part of the luff of the main.
            > My sailmaker has DX it as a stretchy halyard. So I am looking to replace it with Stay Set x or given that there has been negative comment on Stay Set maybe go to VPC or Samsons XLS
            > SS

          • walkabout193
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 24, 2013
              Just measured the halyards: main halyard led to the cabin top winch is 115', the jib halyards are not led to the cockpit and they are 106'.

              Len Bertaux
              Walkabout s38mkii