Accidental Full Discharge of Battery

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
      I accidentally discharged one of my two batteries by leaving the nav lights on. I calculate the battery was drawn to zero and remained there for 2-3 days. The batteries are from Costco, group 27 marine dual purpose and were new in August 2012. As soon as I discovered the problem I charged the battery but I don't know if it is toast or not.
      Any advice appreciated.

      Cheers
      Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2013
        should be fine.

        I have some deep cycle marine batteries, that get completely discharged 3-6 times a year (in the winter, the monitor draws them down to nothing when the solar panel which usually is under several inches of snow has no chance of keep up with).

        They are 7 years old and just getting to the point they need replacement.

        john

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2013
            Martin,
            The return policy at Costco is fantastic.  I would bring it back and get a new one.
            Bruce

            Bruce Heyman
            (949) 289-8400