Re: fuel shut off valve not working

  • tpm1950
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2013
      It's been a big help to me, learing when to use valve and how to test it.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Bob Marthaler <bmarth12@...> wrote:

      > Being old and forgetful, I store my ignition key on the motor mount next to the thru-hull. When I fetch or store the key this reminds me to open or close the thru-hull and that reminds me to open or shut the fuel shut off. On my S30 mkII the fuel shut-off is in the port quarter berth area.
      >
      > This thread started with the shut-off valve not stopping the fuel. When I bought my boat I had the same problem. In my case the handle was striped (the oblong hole became round). I bought a metal handle and shaped the hole. Eleven years and no problems.
      >
      > Bob
      > Shimako
      > Kenosha, WI

    • Dan Trainor
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
        Hahahha.  I am old so I keep engine seacock open and key in ignition permanently.  And of course fuel shut valve stays open.

        --
        Dan
      • Dave Evans
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
          Same here.

          --
          Dan

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2013
            Me too and the cooling water intake stays open.

            --
            Dan