Fairclough Cover for Sabre 38Mk1

  • adamturinas
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 9:23 AM
      If anyone needs a Fairclough Sail Cover and frame for Mk1 Sabre 38, please let me know. I will take $100 ONO for it. Buyer must pick up. I am in Northern NJ

      Adam
      Cadence
      S38 Mk2
    • mhrutstein
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2 12:18 PM
        Adam, how old is the cover and what sort of shape is it in?

        What is the significance of ONO?

        Mike
        STBNL
      • adamturinas
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2 12:43 PM
          The cover has been recently serviced and repaired by Fairclough and the frame is fine other than needs need new rubber caps. It's basically fine.

          ONO=Or Neear Offer

          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mhrutstein" <mhrutstein@...> wrote:

          > Adam, how old is the cover and what sort of shape is it in?
          >
          > What is the significance of ONO?
          >
          > Mike
          > STBNL

        • mhrutstein
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2 1:42 PM
            How old did you say it was?

            What is the longest piece of the disassembled frame? Since I am 5 hours away by car I am wondering if there is any possibility of shipping it.
          • adamturinas
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2 2:55 PM
              I am actually not sure how old it is as I inherited from the boat's previous owner. The cover is pretty much good as new.

              I am not going to be able to ship it. The longest piece is about 10ft long. I was able to take it back and forth my garage to the boat in My Passat with a rood rack and by putting most pieces in the car.

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2 4:25 PM
                Sounds like I'd have to drive, then. Where are you in NJ?
              • Charles Sidwa
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2 4:31 PM
                  Mike,

                  I'm in NJ and can help you with delivery if you are a Lake Ontario sailor, Maine or MD no luck

                  Charlie

                  Sounds like I'd have to drive, then. Where are you in NJ?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2 7:13 PM
                    The frame is probably made of 1" EMT tubing that is available at any electrical supply company or big box for about $10 a piece. The fittings are the important piece. The uprights are also 1" EMT, they just need to be bent and cut to the right size. A template could easily be made to replicate the uprights.

                    With that said, I have a Fairclough Cover for a S30 Mk I that saw 5  years of use and is damaged that I would be willing to part with as I now store inside. Email me for more info.

                    Dave
                    S30 # 52 Identity Crisis
                    Oswego, NY/Lake Ontario

                    --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mhrutstein" wrote:

                    > How old did you say it was?
                    >
                    > What is the longest piece of the disassembled frame? Since I am 5 hours away by car I am wondering if there is any possibility of shipping it.

                  • genkinyc
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2 8:30 PM
                      $100 is crazy cheap. Call Fairclough they are brilliant. Serviced my S30 cover for $200ish this last season. It's a bitch to install first time but after that you are up and running.

                      Email me if you like, just call them anyway they are customer first.

                      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

                      > The frame is probably made of 1" EMT tubing that is available at any electrical supply company or big box for about $10 a piece. The fittings are the important piece. The uprights are also 1" EMT, they just need to be bent and cut to the right size. A template could easily be made to replicate the uprights.
                      >
                      > With that said, I have a Fairclough Cover for a S30 Mk I that saw 5 years of use and is damaged that I would be willing to part with as I now store inside. Email me for more info.
                      >
                      > Dave
                      > S30 # 52 Identity Crisis
                      > Oswego, NY/Lake Ontario
                      >
                      > On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:55 PM, adamturinas wrote:
                      >
                      > > I am actually not sure how old it is as I inherited from the boat's previous owner. The cover is pretty much good as new.
                      > >
                      > > I am not going to be able to ship it. The longest piece is about 10ft long. I was able to take it back and forth my garage to the boat in My Passat with a rood rack and by putting most pieces in the car.
                      > >
                      > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mhrutstein" wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > How old did you say it was?
                      > > >
                      > > > What is the longest piece of the disassembled frame? Since I am 5 hours away by car I am wondering if there is any possibility of shipping it.

                    • jay4868
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 11 1:44 PM
                        Is your cover still available?