Re: [SabreSailboat] Fw: Testimony from the CG hearing into HMS Bounty

  • Jim Schofield
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      Here's the link to the actual live feed from the CG hearing:  http://www.wavy.com/generic/news/hms-bounty-hearings

      Jim S.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:07 PM
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Fw: Testimony from the CG hearing into HMS Bounty

      Fascinating and frightening.  Required reading for anyone's kid who wants to sign on a tall ship.
      Pete

      On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Jim Starkey <jim@...> wrote:

      Fascinating commentary.  Thanks for the link.

      On 2/18/13 12:32 PM, Robert Crowell wrote:

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
        My son has sailed on Sultana, Lynx, Quinpiac, Pride, and more.

        Good reading is Tall Ships Down by Daniel Parrott.

        I've read Waldron's Pride of the Sea but my son has refused to look at that book as have many other tall ship sailors.

        He has since bitten the anchor but his last gig was on Pride II sailing back from Nantes after repair for the dismasting in the Bay of Biscay.

        Indeed, the Captain and his decisions make a difference.

        Richard
        s/v ESCAPE
        1988 S42