Re: [SabreSailboat] Fw: Testimony from the CG hearing into HMS Bounty

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      Fascinating commentary.  Thanks for the link.

      On 2/18/13 12:32 PM, Robert Crowell wrote:

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
        Fascinating and frightening.  Required reading for anyone's kid who wants to sign on a tall ship.
        Pete

        On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Jim Starkey <jim@...> wrote:

        Fascinating commentary.  Thanks for the link.

        On 2/18/13 12:32 PM, Robert Crowell wrote:

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        You may find this interesting to read. The link takes you to the third day of the hearings. At the bottom of the page is a link to day 2 and there one to day 1. Draw your own conclusions!!!

        http://gcaptain.com/testimony-reveals-complexity-bounty/

      • Jim Schofield
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
          Here's the link to the actual live feed from the CG hearing:  http://www.wavy.com/generic/news/hms-bounty-hearings

          Jim S.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
            My son has sailed on Sultana, Lynx, Quinpiac, Pride, and more.

            Good reading is Tall Ships Down by Daniel Parrott.

            I've read Waldron's Pride of the Sea but my son has refused to look at that book as have many other tall ship sailors.

            He has since bitten the anchor but his last gig was on Pride II sailing back from Nantes after repair for the dismasting in the Bay of Biscay.

            Indeed, the Captain and his decisions make a difference.

            Richard
            s/v ESCAPE
            1988 S42