Re: [SabreSailboat] SF Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous

  • Allison Lehman
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 6 10:10 PM
      Hi Mike,

      What is your boat name?  Have I seen you out sailing?  i have a blue 362, Calypso at Richmond YC.

      Allison

      On Feb 6, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Wolpar wrote:

      I own a Sabre 386 out of South Beach on San Francisco Bay and would love to attend.

      Mike Greenberg

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" wrote:

      > I have long thought it would be fun to get the local SF Bay Sabres togther for a smaller verions of the events they have on the East Coast.
      >
      > I happened to find out that the local Sabre dealer, JK3, is hoping to organize just such an event. One thought would be to have it at Ayala Cove with a picinic on shore. This would allow people the option to stay overnight or just come for the day.
      >
      > If you are interested in putting your name on the invite list, please let me know. In addtion, any suggestions you have for how the event could be structured would be most welcome.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Martin Thomas
      > 1987 S34II

    • Martin
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 15, 2013
        The much anticipated Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous is taking shape. Please mark you calendars to hold the weekend of September 21, 2013. Preliminary plans call for us to start congregating at a YC, possibly Oakland or Encinal, on Friday evening the 20th. This will be followed by an overnight anchor out/raft up in Clipper Cove at Treasure Island on the 21st. The Sabre dealer JK3's Jack Lennox and Alan Weaver have volunteered to help with logistics and are providing generous support.
        This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Sabre owners, exchange ideas and enjoy a mini cruise. So please reserve the dates. Suggestions also greatly appreciated.

        If you would like to attend or if you might be interested in future events, please contact me off list as future communications will not be through this site.

        Cheers,
        Martin Thomas
        34 II #291 Kokopelli
      • Nick Sands
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013

          Martin,

          Hope to make it on the 21st.

          Cheers
          Nick

          S402 “Escapade”

          Sausalito

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
            So do we.

            Allison

            On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Nick Sands <npsands@...> wrote:

            Martin,

            Hope to make it on the 21st.

            Cheers
            Nick

            S402 “Escapade”

            Sausalito

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
                I'm in.
                Ken Jenkins

                --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <mnthomas46@...> wrote:

                > The much anticipated Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous is taking shape. Please mark you calendars to hold the weekend of September 21, 2013. Preliminary plans call for us to start congregating at a YC, possibly Oakland or Encinal, on Friday evening the 20th. This will be followed by an overnight anchor out/raft up in Clipper Cove at Treasure Island on the 21st. The Sabre dealer JK3's Jack Lennox and Alan Weaver have volunteered to help with logistics and are providing generous support.
                > This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Sabre owners, exchange ideas and enjoy a mini cruise. So please reserve the dates. Suggestions also greatly appreciated.
                >
                > If you would like to attend or if you might be interested in future events, please contact me off list as future communications will not be through this site.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Martin Thomas
                > 34 II #291 Kokopelli

              • John Zeratsky
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
                  I wish we could bring Aegea out to play, but we'll be out of town that weekend!

                  On Friday, August 16, 2013, scruz_loose2 wrote:

                  I'm in.
                  Ken Jenkins

                  --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <mnthomas46@...> wrote:

                  > The much anticipated Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous is taking shape. Please mark you calendars to hold the weekend of September 21, 2013. Preliminary plans call for us to start congregating at a YC, possibly Oakland or Encinal, on Friday evening the 20th. This will be followed by an overnight anchor out/raft up in Clipper Cove at Treasure Island on the 21st. The Sabre dealer JK3's Jack Lennox and Alan Weaver have volunteered to help with logistics and are providing generous support.
                  > This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Sabre owners, exchange ideas and enjoy a mini cruise. So please reserve the dates. Suggestions also greatly appreciated.
                  >
                  > If you would like to attend or if you might be interested in future events, please contact me off list as future communications will not be through this site.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Martin Thomas
                  > 34 II #291 Kokopelli

                • THOMAS JOHNSON
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
                    I will try too - putting on new sails including installing antal track cars and I can only work on her on weekend!

                    I wish we could bring Aegea out to play, but we'll be out of town that weekend!

                    On Friday, August 16, 2013, scruz_loose2 wrote:

                    I'm in.
                    Ken Jenkins

                    --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <mnthomas46@...> wrote:

                    > The much anticipated Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous is taking shape. Please mark you calendars to hold the weekend of September 21, 2013. Preliminary plans call for us to start congregating at a YC, possibly Oakland or Encinal, on Friday evening the 20th. This will be followed by an overnight anchor out/raft up in Clipper Cove at Treasure Island on the 21st. The Sabre dealer JK3's Jack Lennox and Alan Weaver have volunteered to help with logistics and are providing generous support.
                    > This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Sabre owners, exchange ideas and enjoy a mini cruise. So please reserve the dates. Suggestions also greatly appreciated.
                    >
                    > If you would like to attend or if you might be interested in future events, please contact me off list as future communications will not be through this site.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Martin Thomas
                    > 34 II #291 Kokopelli

                  • Allison Lehman
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
                      Motor if you have to!

                      Allison

                      On Aug 16, 2013, at 7:47 PM, THOMAS JOHNSON <tomsppath@...> wrote:

                      I will try too - putting on new sails including installing antal track cars and I can only work on her on weekend!

                      I wish we could bring Aegea out to play, but we'll be out of town that weekend!

                      On Friday, August 16, 2013, scruz_loose2 wrote:

                      I'm in.
                      Ken Jenkins

                      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Martin" <mnthomas46@...> wrote:

                      > The much anticipated Bay Area Sabre Rendezvous is taking shape. Please mark you calendars to hold the weekend of September 21, 2013. Preliminary plans call for us to start congregating at a YC, possibly Oakland or Encinal, on Friday evening the 20th. This will be followed by an overnight anchor out/raft up in Clipper Cove at Treasure Island on the 21st. The Sabre dealer JK3's Jack Lennox and Alan Weaver have volunteered to help with logistics and are providing generous support.
                      > This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Sabre owners, exchange ideas and enjoy a mini cruise. So please reserve the dates. Suggestions also greatly appreciated.
                      >
                      > If you would like to attend or if you might be interested in future events, please contact me off list as future communications will not be through this site.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Martin Thomas
                      > 34 II #291 Kokopelli

                    • Martin
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 16, 2013
                        Allison, Nick and Tom,
                        Great to know you are hoping to make it to the rendezvous. We have four confirmations so far including Ken Jenkins and with Calypso, Escapade and Good Way we would come up to eight boats and counting.

                        Cheers.
                        Martin

                        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Allison Lehman <allisonleh@...> wrote:

                        > So do we.
                        >
                        > Allison
                        >

                        > On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Nick Sands <npsands@...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > Martin,
                        > >
                        > > Hope to make it on the 21st.
                        > >
                        > > Cheers
                        > > Nick
                        > >
                        > > S402 "Escapade"
                        > >
                        > > Sausalito

                      • THOMAS JOHNSON
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 18, 2013
                          Well now that I see September 21 instead of August 21 = might make a difference .....  Keep the details coming here about where to meet up, etc.