Re: Charter in Turkey?

  • sabremaritza
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi Peter,

      We keep our S38 mkll in Marmaris, Southern Turkey.
      It's a stunning cruising ground with so many places to see.
      Probably best to charter from Gocek as the national park is on your doorstep with many islands and great anchorages.
      We normally sail in June for a month and then in Sept for another month. Weather is good from start May to end of October.
      If you need more detailed info just give me a shout.
      Below are links to a couple of charter companies in that area.
      http://www.portwayturkey.com/
      http://www.eggyachting.com/

      Andrew. s.v. Maritza.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "vanbeckump" wrote:

      > We are visiting family in Beirut this spring and wondering if we might charter a boat nearby.
      > Does anyone have any experience in that part of the world?
      >
      > Peter Van Beckum

    • Allison Lehman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
        We chartered out of Marmaris many years ago.  Possibly the best charter I have every done.  People lovely, food great, water lovely, good breezes, anchorages easy to anchor in.  Many people go north to Bodrum,  We did a one-way from Marmaris all the way to Antayla.  We were in less traveled waters by charters and sailed more with great trades blowing.  Also we were able to go to Rhodes which is a Greek island in the Dodecanese.  We loved Kaş, Fethiye, going up the Dalyan River (locals take you up there) to see the ruins in the hill.  Göçek was a big yachting hub when we were there, but Moorings wasn't there yet.  That is their current base now.  Kekova is also very cool to visit as there are ruins that are now underwater and an ancient castle.

        I am jealous, it was a beautiful place to visit.  Just go, being prepared to buy rugs!

        Allison

        On Jan 31, 2013, at 6:59 PM, vanbeckump wrote:

        We are visiting family in Beirut this spring and wondering if we might charter a boat nearby.
        Does anyone have any experience in that part of the world?

        Peter Van Beckum

      • vanbeckump
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
          Thanks for the links, they look really good. Mid April seems too early to get the best of this area. Maybe I will get my bearings and go again later one year.

          Peter