Re: [SabreSailboat] Looking for mechanic recommendations in Port Washington

  • Carter Brey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013

      Precision Marine is across the Sound in New Rochelle:

      http://www.precisionmarinecenter.com/about.php

      CB

      On Jan 29, 2013 10:48 PM, "genkinyc" <dtushingham@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      We experience fairly heavy vibration at certain RPM's. For our first season we just avoided that RPM band as much as possible.

      My previous yard mentioned that we may be over prop'd. I do see dark smoke. It's a Martec twin blade folder, with some play and probably due for a refurb. New prop shaft and PSS dripless seal last season prior to my purchase.

      My rear engine mounts look to be fairly shot (looks like a leak from the heat exchanger took care of rusting rear mounts up pretty bad)
      I will be replacing the exchange end seals.

      I'm looking to replace all four engine mounts and go to a fix blade prop or perhaps troubleshoot with the existing Martec.

      Any thoughts or recommendations on a suitable mechanic in Port Washington appreciated, I'm at MBSY.

      Thanks!

      Sabre 30, MKIII, 1986 - Hull #162

    • genkinyc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        Thank you Carter I will give them a call.

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Carter Brey wrote:

        > Precision Marine is across the Sound in New Rochelle:
        >
        > http://www.precisionmarinecenter.com/about.php
        >
        > CB
        > On Jan 29, 2013 10:48 PM, "genkinyc" wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > We experience fairly heavy vibration at certain RPM's. For our first
        > > season we just avoided that RPM band as much as possible.
        > >
        > > My previous yard mentioned that we may be over prop'd. I do see dark
        > > smoke. It's a Martec twin blade folder, with some play and probably due for
        > > a refurb. New prop shaft and PSS dripless seal last season prior to my
        > > purchase.
        > >
        > > My rear engine mounts look to be fairly shot (looks like a leak from the
        > > heat exchanger took care of rusting rear mounts up pretty bad)
        > > I will be replacing the exchange end seals.
        > >
        > > I'm looking to replace all four engine mounts and go to a fix blade prop
        > > or perhaps troubleshoot with the existing Martec.
        > >
        > > Any thoughts or recommendations on a suitable mechanic in Port Washington
        > > appreciated, I'm at MBSY.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >
        > > Sabre 30, MKIII, 1986 - Hull #162

      • Carter Brey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
          No problem. I hope to see you on the water; when the wind is SW I can fetch your yard from my mooring on a single starboard tack.

          CB