Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: S30 MKI fixed ports replacement

  • Matt Cragon
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 21, 2013
      Dick,

      I purchased an 82 Sabre 34 this fall; hull #149 (only 11 boats earlier than yours).   It has the tempered glass windows as well.  I am in the process of re-bedding them.  There is a brand name etched into the glass: Tru-Temp.  If your boat has the same brand of glass, that would probably point to it being a factory option.

      The glass is in pretty good shape visually after all these years but the edges are a bit etched and I am worried about not getting a decent seal if I don't replace them.  So I am investigating new ones.  If they are not out of this world expensive, then it is worth the piece of mind.

      P.S.  I appreciated your site while I was in the process of purchasing my boat.  Thank you very much for putting it together.

      Matt