1979 34 MKI Chainplate Knee Replacement Update

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hey All,

      Just putting the final finishing touches on the Port side cabinetry work after removing and re-glassing the new Upper Chainplate knee. I've added a few photos of the project to the album "79' Sabre 34 MKI Mid/Upper Chainplate".

      The glass work was done with 4 layers of 24oz Double Bias cloth over fillet and under one cure on each side of the knee. We used 1'' marine ply for the knee, with 1/2'' ply for the shelving. We glassed some additional support to the aft lower chainplate knee to the surrounding shelving with the same 24oz cloth.

      Thank you all for the support and guidance on this rebuild. Now I'm off tearing apart the other side of the boat.

      Happy Sailing.

      Michael
    • mattcragon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2013
        Nice documentation, Michael.

        I appreciate this as I may end up doing it myself in the not so distant future.

        A job well done.

        Thanks,

        Matt