Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: 1979 MKI Interior Cabin Liner

  • Carter Brey
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 4, 2013

      "That said, 97.6% of Hinckley owners take Ultrasuede over naugas, dead or alive, any day of the week."

      Get with the program, Starkey. The best sailors are upgrading from Ultrasuede to Hypersuede and its transfrequency derivative, Infrasuede.

      On Jan 3, 2013 11:35 PM, "Jim Starkey" <jim@...> wrote:

      Gosh, I stand corrected.  I relied on an authoritative article from "Cruising World" for my comments.  It never ocurred to me that they might have failed to track the late breaking developments in the nauga ecosystem(s).

      I, like all responsible sailors, support the efforts of aboriginal peoples to establish a sustainable -- and humane -- economic substructure for mutual co-existance with the naugas for the benefit of humanity and long term viability of the herds.

      That said, 97.6% of Hinckley owners take Ultrasuede over naugas, dead or alive, any day of the week.

      On Jan 3, 2013, at 10:49 PM, "Phil" <pj@...> wrote:

      Actually, due to the hard work of some conservation groups, the nauga
      herds have been repopulated & removed from the endangered lists, so
      possession is now actually encouraged as it helps support the local tribes that hunt the nauga.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 4, 2013
        Carter   Just priceless ! Happy new year..  Lee Nicholas / Fla

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 63 KB
        For those of you who have not seen a real Nauga on a vintage episode of Wild Kingdom, here is a rare photo of a Nauga confronting the competition.
        Pete

        On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:

> [...]

        > > or "surf".
        > >
        > > Phil Horn
        > > Scimitar
        > > S34 #67
        > >
        > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hey Sabres,
        > > >
        > > > So i'm finishing up my Chainplate Knee replacement in the next day or so and looking for options to replace the old off-white liner that was glued to the interior of the Hull and shelving within the main cabin Cabinetry. It seems to be some sort of Vinyl material.
        > > >
        > > > Has anyone found a source of this material or found another option to finish out the interior of their cabinetry. I'm not found of simply painting the hull.... it would be nice to find a materiel that looks nice, easy to cut and shape to the hull and shelving, and looks somewhat similar to the hold stuff.

      • Richard Coerse
        Message 4 of 15 , Jan 4, 2013
          It seems that Sabre Yachts used the rarest of the species, the albino
          nauga. It is ny understanding that naugahyde may still be legally
          purchased in the less liked colors of mauve, lavender, chartreuse and
          pink which begs the question of which teak treatment would be best with
          chartreuse naughyde?