Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Pic of Cetol Natural Teak

  • Allison Lehman
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
      Bring on the popcorn :-)

      Allison

      On Dec 29, 2012, at 6:48 AM, Dave Lochner wrote:

      Informative thread on Le Tonk here:  http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?67274-Le-Tonkinois-varnish

      Dave

      On Dec 29, 2012, at 9:28 AM, sailor11767 wrote:

      It's got good reviews
      http://www.ventspleen.com/?p=1402
      but hard to find in the US. Here is one source:
      http://www.tarsmell.com/letonkinois_original.html, at around $45/qt delivered.
      Also here: http://nwmaritime.org/chandlery/supplies/le-tonkinois-varnishno.-1/

      Harry

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Bennett Kaufman <kaufmanb@...> wrote:

      > I think he means "La Tonkinois"...
      >
      > ben kaufman, CARACOL (S36 #52)

    • JohnF
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
        This is freshly applied Cetol, no weathering. Chaulk the color variations up to the fluorescent light, different angle of the second pic, etc.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 30, 2012
          Thank you Allison , I use it cause its fast in fla ya can do 2 coats a day no sanding.. Its not cheep but will not curl after the fla sun hits it . after 8 coats  a new coat a year . ( light sanding with a sanding sponge wash with paint thinner and apply another coat .  My Sabre always looks a little prouder when done !  Lee/Tarpon Springs( Clearwater)