Re: Sabre 28 sailing video

  • vanbeckump
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
      Welcome back. Testimony to the healing that sailing can bring.

      Peter

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "tsaiapex25" <tsaiapex25@...> wrote:

      > My first attempt making a sailing video celebrating a special anniversary.
      >
      > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRqhrQWd7g
      >
      > Jeff
      > Sabre 28-3, Abacus
      > New Bern, NC

    • Carter Brey

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
          Dave,
          Congrats, it's amazing what it takes to make us realize that everyday is a gift. I was treated for Lymphoma during the winter of  2005/2006 and was wondering if I would see another sailing season. I will never forget that first time out in the spring, had to do it alone, very emotional. Always remember to take a quick glance upward and thank the giver of sailing and life, it's all a gift.    John S 30 -III  Parlor Car

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
            Glad you finally got that genny trimmed in at 1:54.   :<)

            Just kidding.   Congratulations and hope you have many more Jeff.
            It is said the time sailing does not count against your time on earth.
            I like to think there is some substance to that.

            john

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
              Where or who made your bimini

              ps I 'd love to sail in Nov but I would have to dodge the ice

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
                  I love the hat!
                  Elisa

                  --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:

                  > Great video, better story, especially the ending.
                  > Pete
                  >

                  > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM, tsaiapex25 <tsaiapex25@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > My first attempt making a sailing video celebrating a special anniversary.
                  > >
                  > > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRqhrQWd7g
                  > >
                  > > Jeff
                  > > Sabre 28-3, Abacus
                  > > New Bern, NC

                • Scott
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
                    Great job, a Youtube gem. Congrats for keeping your promise.
                    Thanks for sharing.

                    Scott

                    On Dec 11, 2012, at 1:26 PM, tsaiapex25 wrote:

                    > My first attempt making a sailing video celebrating a special anniversary.
                    >
                    > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRqhrQWd7g
                    >
                    > Jeff
                    > Sabre 28-3, Abacus
                    > New Bern, NC

                  • Richard Coerse
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
                      What an inspiring story.  Congratulations on your fine recovery and best wishes.   :-)    And what a great video.

                      Dick Coerse
                      "Early Light"
                      1982 Sabre 34 MK I #160
                      Solomons, MD

                      On Dec 11, 2012, at 1:26 PM, tsaiapex25 wrote:

                      > My first attempt making a sailing video celebrating a special anniversary.
                      >
                      > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRqhrQWd7g
                      >
                      > Jeff
                      > Sabre 28-3, Abacus
                      > New Bern, NC
                    • THOMPSON, GREGORY
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
                        28 degrees in Michigan.  Kestrel is four hours north and on the hard for the next 5 months.  Your video and story were heart warming.  Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing your story with us. And, keep sailing and wearing any kind of headgear that gets you out there!

                        Greg T.

                        S/V Kestrel
                        S38 Mk 1 #42
                      • silentrunning17
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
                          Nice job Jeff.
                          Great message and a beautiful boat.
                          Tim
                          --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "tsaiapex25" <tsaiapex25@...> wrote:

                          > My first attempt making a sailing video celebrating a special anniversary.
                          >
                          > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRqhrQWd7g
                          >
                          > Jeff
                          > Sabre 28-3, Abacus
                          > New Bern, NC

                        • carlsonm54
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 13, 2012
                            Nice video! It certainly backs up the adage,
                            "Every day you spend sailing, adds a day to your life!"
                          • Dan Trainor
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 16, 2012
                              Nice video and inspiration.   Everyday is a gift.

                              --
                              Dan

                            • Blake Kelley
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012