Different Tack Update

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2012
      As of yesterday morning, we were just passing the $1,000 mark.  I've asked the Red Cross to give me a weekly tally, but they do not pass on who gave and how much.

      This list now has another reason to be awesome.

      Thanks all,

      Pete

      If you missed my original email or just joined us, the Team Sabre site with the American Red Cross is at:

    • Allison Lehman

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2012
          Great effort everyone!
          (I just happily did my bit too)

          To: sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2012
            Glad to be a part of this effort.

            --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:

            > As of yesterday morning, we were just passing the $1,000 mark. I've asked
            > the Red Cross to give me a weekly tally, but they do not pass on who gave
            > and how much.
            >
            > This list now has another reason to be awesome.
            >
            > Thanks all,
            >
            > Pete
            >
            > If you missed my original email or just joined us, the Team Sabre site with
            > the American Red Cross is at:
            >
            > **
            > *http://american.redcross.org/
            > sabreteam-pub*<http://american.redcross.org/sabreteam-pub><http://american.redcross.org/sabreteam-pub>

          • Richard Coerse
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2012
              Pete,

              Have you given any thought to contacting Sabre Yachts to see if they might be willing to match this group's contributions?  Just a thought!  And thanks again for putting this worthwhile venture together.

              Dick Coerse
              "Early Light"
              1982 Sabre 34 MK I #160
              Solomons, MD

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Good news!
                  Don Finkle of RCR Yachts, the Sabre dealer in the Lake Ontario/Lake Erie region, and Tim Wilbricht of Annapolis Yacht Sales, the Chesapeake Bay Sabre dealer. are supporting our efforts.
                  If you see these guys during the winter season, be sure to thank them.

                  Pete
                • Barend Brink
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Excellent idea Pete, thanks for putting this together.

                    I contributed and my company matched 100%.

                    //Barend (Yen Shon, 1989 S34II #376)

                    To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012

                      Done

                      Blake Kelley

                      S/V “Twin Lights”

                      1986 Sabre 36

                      Perth Amboy, New Jersey

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
                        Done.

                        --
                        Hans Jorgensen
                        1027 Chester River Drive
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 10, 2012
                          As of this morning, the Red Cross' Team Sabre site has raised just under $1,500 from 38 donors.  Again, they don't tell me who or how much. The donations keep coming in, too.  It all makes a difference for the people who were walloped by Sandy.

                          Plus, we seem to be staving off the annual Varnish Wars, Oil Imbroglios and Aerodynamics Kerfuffles.