another boat for Lee

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
    beside my sabre 28  I now have purchased a Morgan 384  here the first PIX ! not made as well as my sabre and does not sail as high in to wind.. but the room . More stuff to cruise with ! here s the pix a friend took . I'll be selling the Sabre after I get my ducks in a row !
     Lee
    Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
      I gotta warn you about one thing.  The forward hatch is on the foredeck rather than on the cabin top where it belongs.  If you were, say, chartering a Morgan 38 in the Virgins and happened to be pulling up an anchor with the forward hatch open and took a step backwards, well, let's just say it hurt.

      On 11/8/2012 5:22 PM, jack horner wrote:

      beside my sabre 28  I now have purchased a Morgan 384  here the first PIX ! not made as well as my sabre and does not sail as high in to wind.. but the room . More stuff to cruise with ! here s the pix a friend took . I'll be selling the Sabre after I get my ducks in a row !
       Lee

    • Jim
      Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
        Lee:
        Good Luck with your new boat!!!! Looks like GTE blue is the color scheme!!!
        Jim Duffy

        --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:

        > beside my sabre 28  I now have purchased a Morgan 384  here the first PIX ! not made as well as my sabre and does not sail as high in to wind.. but the room . More stuff to cruise with ! here s the pix a friend took . I'll be selling the Sabre after I get my ducks in a row !
        >  Lee

      • Jim
        Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
          Was there rum involved???

          Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 2012
            Thank you Jim ,I understand. One of the first Morgan projects is to divide that anchor locker and add a windless . I got the Morgan for 35,500 . She is not perfect , but will do for south florida cruising .
            I'm in the yard  now putting different touches on her..I'm up loading pix today !    Lee

            Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2012
              Some people will do anything to spend all winter in the Bahamas :)

              Congradulations Lee, nice boat!

              Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2012
                Congratulations Lee! The Morgan 38s are great boats, and the 384 is the best of them. Very solid, nice performers, and well-built, probably right next door to you in Largo.
                Bill B

                Sent from an elegant interface with limited functionality, while traveling

                Message 9 of 10 , Nov 10, 2012
                  I have been so lucky as a sailor. Came to florida to extend my sailing season from jersey 90 days .I was a phone man in Philly so i got a phone man job  with GTE in 78 Largo.  i was the repairman for Morgan yachts ! And  up the street at Endeavor yachts and a half mile away at Island Packet. and Hutchins compact . Ted Irwin at Irwin yachts too..I saw first hand how Irwin's were put together compared to the rest..  Trust me you don't want one at any price.. !
                   My phone repairs always took hours longer when going to a boat builders. from seeing molding to talking to the riggers and canvas folks..  !!  Lee